Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Welcome to Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 591 Replies
8 moms liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support!

Whether you've had a miscarriage or pregnancy loss, this is a great place to find support, get advice and meet other moms who have experienced losses too.

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply. You will find my own personal story in the reply below.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

hugs ~Jenn

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Jenn
by Jenn on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM
7 moms liked this

I am a mom of two boys and a daughter.  I have experienced two miscarriages, one in January of 2002 and another one in March of 2010.

With my first miscarraige, the baby had died at 8 weeks, but I didn't find out until I was a little over 11 weeks along.  This was our first pregnancy, and I was devastated.  I opted to undergo a D&C the day after finding out. 

We were able to bury our baby through our hospital, who offered services quarterly to those who lose their babies early.  It helped to give me closure, which I am thankful for.

We went on to have three successful pregnancies.  Our sons are 7 & 9.

We began trying in 2008 and were so excited to get a BFP in February of 2010 but I knew something was wrong because as soon as I took the test and got the BFP, I started spotting.

I was right on my hunch and ended up miscarrying two weeks later.  This time, I passed the baby on my own and it was the most horrible experience I've ever had, but it has made me stronger.

After trying again for a year and some fertility testing, we were able to conceive our daughter who was born in March of 2012. 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
10 moms liked this

Hi, I am Angela, I have been married to my Husband Scott since October 1999. We have 4 boys, 1 girl, and two Angel babies.

My first loss was in June 2012. Everything was going along fine until my 12th week, I developed a dry but persistent cough, I was misdiagnosed as having pneumonia. It was persistent, and even with four courses of antibiotics, I couldn't shake it. I was somewhat reassured that all was well when I had an ultrasound at 14 weeks, the baby was perfect, nice heartbeat. Two weeks later, at a normal OB appointment we found out the baby died. We also found out my pneumonia wasn't pneumonia, it was Valley fever caused by a fungal spore in desert soil. I was induced, hemorrhaged, and then had an emergency D&E. We cremated our little boy, his name is Avery John.

In November 2012 we were thrilled to get a positive pregnancy test, I was nervous after having just had a loss, but hopeful. At 5 weeks I had a day of spotting... But it stopped, and three weeks later again, only this time it didn't stop, it continued 10 days. January 3, 2013, at 9 weeks, I had an ultrasound which confirmed the baby had passed away. I naturally miscarried later that day in the Dr office, while walking into the room to have a D&C. We opted to go ahead and have the D&C to control the bleeding and be sure everything was removed.

At this point we would love another baby. I can't deny I am scared to try. I love this group, and the ladies in it! I can't imagine going through this without all of your support and encouragement. ((((Hugs)))) to all.

angelbaby1ricky
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM
8 moms liked this
Hi I'm Isabel and honestly I'm so lost right now I can't stop crying it seems like no one understands me :( I'm going thur a miscarriage right now while I'm typing this I lost my baby boy ricky 3 days ago on Jan 16, 2013 at 16 weeks I had a d&c done that same day so I guess right now its just the after math of it all... it was my first pregnancy after trying for 9 years, I'm 26 now but been tryin since I was 18, I honestly believed I couldn't have babies till I found out I was prego on Oct 29, 2012, everything was great till Jan 15 wen I started with strong painful back pains, then around 2:30 am on Jan 16 went to the bathroom and notice I was bleeding heavy and woked up my boyfriend who then rush me to the hospital where it was conform I had lost my son :( now I'm up writing this just crying thinking what could I have done to stop this? everyone tells me it happens to many women specially on their first pregnancy but I knw of some who carry a healthy babies their first time too!!! it just hurts me so much cuz it seems like everyone wants me to get over it fast but only if they knew how I felt inside, then my boyfriend on the other side tells me how much he loves me and that were gonna have another baby and not to worry cuz not it not about the baby anymore its about my health like really how can he say that ... I have no one to talk to so it would be nice to talk to other moms out there who are welling to help me out thur this painful times ... sorry for writing my long story but i just had to let it out ...thank you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Welcome Isabel. I am sorry for your loss of your sweet Ricky. I just want you to know that you are in a good safe place. The ladies in this group are so supportive, so feel free to post anything without fear. I like your boyfriends perspective, he sounds like a great guy. Losing a baby is a pain like no other pain, but slowly it will get easier, it's a slow process, but you will get there. ((((Hugs))))

Quoting angelbaby1ricky:

Hi I'm Isabel and honestly I'm so lost right now I can't stop crying it seems like no one understands me :( I'm going thur a miscarriage right now while I'm typing this I lost my baby boy ricky 3 days ago on Jan 16, 2013 at 16 weeks I had a d&c done that same day so I guess right now its just the after math of it all... it was my first pregnancy after trying for 9 years, I'm 26 now but been tryin since I was 18, I honestly believed I couldn't have babies till I found out I was prego on Oct 29, 2012, everything was great till Jan 15 wen I started with strong painful back pains, then around 2:30 am on Jan 16 went to the bathroom and notice I was bleeding heavy and woked up my boyfriend who then rush me to the hospital where it was conform I had lost my son :( now I'm up writing this just crying thinking what could I have done to stop this? everyone tells me it happens to many women specially on their first pregnancy but I knw of some who carry a healthy babies their first time too!!! it just hurts me so much cuz it seems like everyone wants me to get over it fast but only if they knew how I felt inside, then my boyfriend on the other side tells me how much he loves me and that were gonna have another baby and not to worry cuz not it not about the baby anymore its about my health like really how can he say that ... I have no one to talk to so it would be nice to talk to other moms out there who are welling to help me out thur this painful times ... sorry for writing my long story but i just had to let it out ...thank you
Mommytoaangel
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi my name is casey im 23 i have 3 angels flying high my dd i was due may 10 2010 i lost her oct 15 2009 i had the heavy bleeding an lost her natrual my identical twin sons i was due may 17 2013 i had an lost them dec 5 2012 on the 25 of oct my cnm dint find my sons heart beat sent me for ultra sound an thats when i foubd out i was haveing twins i had started to bleed an pass clots on oct 31 2012 went to the er they said its a sub chorionic hemmarage it will get better an heal it self never did i was in the er 4 more times before i lost my sons because i got to 16 weeks 5 days we had to either cremate or bury them we had them cremated we will never know there cause of death i am hoping i get to term i dout i will my angels names are hope marie dd jospeh dennis jr an ethan lloyd love u my kiddos till we meet again later gaters any one have any ? Just ask
Soma812
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Hello, My name is Erin. I live in Central PA and I have had 6 losses and two were with twins. I also have had an eptopic pregnany. It's really a tough thing to go through and watching everyone around you get pregant and have really easy pregnancies. Saw this group and thought it was a good support group to join. Thanks for having me

angelbaby1ricky
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you very much Angela4boys, it really means a lot to me ... I'm so glad I found all you beautiful ladies and together with the help of god we can try to get better lil by lil :)

Losing a baby is a pain like no other, but slowly it will get easier...

Quoting Angela4boys:

Welcome Isabel. I am sorry for your loss of your sweet Ricky. I just want you to know that you are in a good safe place. The ladies in this group are so supportive, so feel free to post anything without fear. I like your boyfriends perspective, he sounds like a great guy. Losing a baby is a pain like no other pain, but slowly it will get easier, it's a slow process, but you will get there. ((((Hugs))))

Quoting angelbaby1ricky:

Kageegirl
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello! My name is Amy. I am 28 years old and have been married for 9 years. I have 3 wonderful boys ages 7, 6 and 2 1/2 years old. I suffered a miscarriage in March of 2011. On superbowl Sunday Dh and I found out we were expecting. My youngest was only 5 1/2 months old. Everything was going great up until 7 weeks. I got really sick with a bad uti/kidney infection. I ended up in the er because I had a high fever, body aches, chills, lower back pain ect. I was told it was a very bad uti/kidney infection and sent home. I was put on antibotics and bed rest for the next week. I finally got into see my doctor a week later. They did an ultrasound and told me that the baby was measuring small. I was 8 weeks according to my LML but the ultra sound was measuring 6 weeks. At 9 weeks I started spotting. My doctor told me spotting is normal in early pregnancy not to worry. Well over the next day or so the spotting started getting heavier. The bleeding got heavy enough that my doctor advised me to go to the ER. After a couple hours we were told more than likely we were miscarrying. They sent me home on bedrest. I followed up with my doctor a few days later and he confirmed what the ER doctor told us. I was sent home to wait it out. I was devasted. I left the doctors office and sat in my car in the office parking lot and cried for 10 minutes. I knew immediately that I couldn't let this beat me. I wanted to try again as soon as we could. Dh had a different idea. 6 days after we got the confirmation Dh went out and had a vesctomy against my wishes. That just devasted me almost as much as the miscarriage did. I didn't speak to him for a week. To this day I don't think ONce fully expected what happened. Specially because my cousin and I were pregnant together. Her baby was born on my due date.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Welcome Casey, so sorry for the loss of your Angels, Hope, Joseph and Ethan ((( hugs))). I lost two babies and no, no answers for me either. I just want to welcome you to this group... Brought together by tragedy, but can't say enough in terms of wonderful, loving women here.

Quoting Mommytoaangel:

Hi my name is casey im 23 i have 3 angels flying high my dd i was due may 10 2010 i lost her oct 15 2009 i had the heavy bleeding an lost her natrual my identical twin sons i was due may 17 2013 i had an lost them dec 5 2012 on the 25 of oct my cnm dint find my sons heart beat sent me for ultra sound an thats when i foubd out i was haveing twins i had started to bleed an pass clots on oct 31 2012 went to the er they said its a sub chorionic hemmarage it will get better an heal it self never did i was in the er 4 more times before i lost my sons because i got to 16 weeks 5 days we had to either cremate or bury them we had them cremated we will never know there cause of death i am hoping i get to term i dout i will my angels names are hope marie dd jospeh dennis jr an ethan lloyd love u my kiddos till we meet again later gaters any one have any ? Just ask
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Welcome To the group Erin. Losing a baby/babies, is a pain like no other. I am sorry you have to be here, but can't say enough about the ladies in this group or the love and support you will get here ((( hugs)))

Quoting Soma812:

Hello, My name is Erin. I live in Central PA and I have had 6 losses and two were with twins. I also have had an eptopic pregnany. It's really a tough thing to go through and watching everyone around you get pregant and have really easy pregnancies. Saw this group and thought it was a good support group to join. Thanks for having me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN