Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

update again :) UPDATE spotting and cramping

Posted by   + Show Post

No more red spotting since like 8pm yesterday!  Right now I don't even have a discharge at all.  I had a little cottage cheese like discharge about 5-6 different times.  Right now I think it was the progestrone meds that caused the spotting like the doctor said and I am wondering if the discharge was the meds just coming back out.  The pill is tan colored and the discharge was kinda an odd color (not really white, not really yellow).  I feel like as long as there isn't tons of blood I will atleast get to see my baby on the ultrasound on Monday.  I will also be discussing this with my doctor and seeing if I can take the progestrone orally (like my last pregnancy) instead of vaginally to avoid these scares in the future.  Thanks for the love and care ladies- you have no clue how much I depend on ya'll.  I tell my boyfriend about ya'll like he should know you by name.

I had red spotting about 3 times last night.  Just little smudges on the toilet paper.  Then nothing for a few times.  Then a few times of like cream colored with tiny brown flecks in it.  I'm kinda confused about the brown flecks, it didn't really look like "old blood."  I don't think I am cramping really.  I have a stomach ache, but hell I always do anyway and the pains are belly button high so shouldn't be baby related.  I am gonna go to the mall in a bit and see what walking does to the bleeding.  Also I am wondering if this could be bladder related because I am drinking plenty of water but my urine is still murky and yellowish enough that it makes the toilet paper yellow. Hmmmm why me?  

I wiped and there was just a smidge of blood.  Now I "think" I am cramping.  I went from being so hopeful to being scared and angry.  My doc said the progestrone can cause some spotting, but I just don't feel hopeful now.  I feel like my baby will be gone before I even get to see him/her on ultrasound on Monday.  I am 6weeks today and morning sickness just started today- I was all bubbly and happy.  I know you ladies are going to tell me to be hopeful and try not to stress, but with my history/future I feel like it is already over.  My kids are going to be crushed.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Id be terrified!! But, that happened to me with my 2nd and I did the same thing you are doing now... disconnected myself from the pregnancy and began to grieve before I even knew something was wrong.  I now have a healthy and happy eight week old.  That being said, I am not going to tell you not to stress or worry but I am praying for you and I am hopeful and optimistic that everything is going to be okay for you and your LO.  You know we are all here for you ((HUGS))  

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Thanks for the thoughts.  I have used Progestrone in the past, but it was oral then.  The nurse told me this time that it could cause some spotting where it absorbs (I guess it makes the spot raw maybe).  I am going to update, but I am feeling okay today a little more positive.  Its hard to tell if I am cramping or not because I always have weird stomach aches.  I just keep praying to God that the baby will be okay, and if not praying that God will atleast keep it safe until I see it on Monday and get an ultrasound photo- from the beginning I have felt like this ultrasound photo is the tipping point between being okay with whatever happens and taking this very hard.  I just want a damn ultrasound photo so I can frame it if something goes wrong.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Oh my gosh, I read on another post about you :(. I am soooo sorry you are going through this. I was just thinking about you yesterday, all happy for you, and this news just makes me so sad!

So, have you ever used progesterone in the past, and did it cause spotting, or is this your first time?

I know with your history, nothing we say is going to make you feel better. I know you know that some bleeding can happen and be normal... I bled with 4 of my kids... But after a loss, let alone several, any sight of blood is devastating and unnerving. (((((Hugs)))))

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Yes, I understand. Hang in there, I will be praying for you and little punkin'

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Thanks for the thoughts.  I have used Progestrone in the past, but it was oral then.  The nurse told me this time that it could cause some spotting where it absorbs (I guess it makes the spot raw maybe).  I am going to update, but I am feeling okay today a little more positive.  Its hard to tell if I am cramping or not because I always have weird stomach aches.  I just keep praying to God that the baby will be okay, and if not praying that God will atleast keep it safe until I see it on Monday and get an ultrasound photo- from the beginning I have felt like this ultrasound photo is the tipping point between being okay with whatever happens and taking this very hard.  I just want a damn ultrasound photo so I can frame it if something goes wrong.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Oh my gosh, I read on another post about you :(. I am soooo sorry you are going through this. I was just thinking about you yesterday, all happy for you, and this news just makes me so sad!

So, have you ever used progesterone in the past, and did it cause spotting, or is this your first time?

I know with your history, nothing we say is going to make you feel better. I know you know that some bleeding can happen and be normal... I bled with 4 of my kids... But after a loss, let alone several, any sight of blood is devastating and unnerving. (((((Hugs)))))

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Praying for you and I will stay hopeful for you if you can't. Hugs and good luck. Will be thinking about you. Come on little baby...we are all here waiting for you!
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM
There is no way you can get into a Dr or Urgent care to check for UTI or other Vaginal infection today? Or maybe even pick up one of those home tests for vaginal infection... Could it be something like that?
iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Maybe- I feel extra wet even when I don't see much discharge. I'm just gonna wait til monday- I don't want to feel like a number at some clinic. I'd rather lose the baby at home or have my doctor tell me everything is fine. Ugh is it monday yet?

Quoting Angela4boys:

There is no way you can get into a Dr or Urgent care to check for UTI or other Vaginal infection today? Or maybe even pick up one of those home tests for vaginal infection... Could it be something like that?
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I wish it was hun ((( hugs)))

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Maybe- I feel extra wet even when I don't see much discharge. I'm just gonna wait til monday- I don't want to feel like a number at some clinic. I'd rather lose the baby at home or have my doctor tell me everything is fine. Ugh is it monday yet?

Quoting Angela4boys:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Praying for you sweetie! Hope you get in with the doctor soon so you can get an u/s and see what's going on either way. (hugs)

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM
That's what I would worry about too. Infections are not good. You can take some probiotics too. Do you have an urgent care or something?

Quoting Angela4boys:

Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM

How are you feeling today? Any more spotting or cramping? We're all praying for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)