Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

update again :) UPDATE spotting and cramping

Posted by   + Show Post

No more red spotting since like 8pm yesterday!  Right now I don't even have a discharge at all.  I had a little cottage cheese like discharge about 5-6 different times.  Right now I think it was the progestrone meds that caused the spotting like the doctor said and I am wondering if the discharge was the meds just coming back out.  The pill is tan colored and the discharge was kinda an odd color (not really white, not really yellow).  I feel like as long as there isn't tons of blood I will atleast get to see my baby on the ultrasound on Monday.  I will also be discussing this with my doctor and seeing if I can take the progestrone orally (like my last pregnancy) instead of vaginally to avoid these scares in the future.  Thanks for the love and care ladies- you have no clue how much I depend on ya'll.  I tell my boyfriend about ya'll like he should know you by name.

I had red spotting about 3 times last night.  Just little smudges on the toilet paper.  Then nothing for a few times.  Then a few times of like cream colored with tiny brown flecks in it.  I'm kinda confused about the brown flecks, it didn't really look like "old blood."  I don't think I am cramping really.  I have a stomach ache, but hell I always do anyway and the pains are belly button high so shouldn't be baby related.  I am gonna go to the mall in a bit and see what walking does to the bleeding.  Also I am wondering if this could be bladder related because I am drinking plenty of water but my urine is still murky and yellowish enough that it makes the toilet paper yellow. Hmmmm why me?  

I wiped and there was just a smidge of blood.  Now I "think" I am cramping.  I went from being so hopeful to being scared and angry.  My doc said the progestrone can cause some spotting, but I just don't feel hopeful now.  I feel like my baby will be gone before I even get to see him/her on ultrasound on Monday.  I am 6weeks today and morning sickness just started today- I was all bubbly and happy.  I know you ladies are going to tell me to be hopeful and try not to stress, but with my history/future I feel like it is already over.  My kids are going to be crushed.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Thinking it might be an infection that just sprang up on me. I have a cottage chz like discharge that is like light tan (TMI sorry). No more pink blood since like 8pm yesterday. Just weird discharge...never heard anyone on here discribe a mc starting this way. I am mobile and can't figure out how to update

Quoting Zealand2008:

That's what I would worry about too. Infections are not good. You can take some probiotics too. Do you have an urgent care or something?

Quoting Angela4boys:

There is no way you can get into a Dr or Urgent care to check for UTI or other Vaginal infection today? Or maybe even pick up one of those home tests for vaginal infection... Could it be something like that?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Sounds like a yeast infection. I wouldn't wait until Monday. Any infections are not good for the baby.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Thinking it might be an infection that just sprang up on me. I have a cottage chz like discharge that is like light tan (TMI sorry). No more pink blood since like 8pm yesterday. Just weird discharge...never heard anyone on here discribe a mc starting this way. I am mobile and can't figure out how to update

Quoting Zealand2008:

That's what I would worry about too. Infections are not good. You can take some probiotics too. Do you have an urgent care or something?

Quoting Angela4boys:

There is no way you can get into a Dr or Urgent care to check for UTI or other Vaginal infection today? Or maybe even pick up one of those home tests for vaginal infection... Could it be something like that?

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Thank you for your concern. I can't update cause I am mobile, but I haven't had blood except like 2-3 times yesterday evening. Today and last night its been a weird clear or cottage chz discharge with a tan/yellow tint to it (TMI sorry). I am thinking infection! I'm being positive today. I have been walking around shopping and still no blood!

Quoting Mommy4Clara:

How are you feeling today? Any more spotting or cramping? We're all praying for you!

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I'm scared to see anyone but my doctor/her staff. I'm too emotional to deal with insensitive people. I had bacterial vaginosis my whole first preg and I'm thinking that might be what I have

Quoting Zealand2008:

Sounds like a yeast infection. I wouldn't wait until Monday. Any infections are not good for the baby.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting Zealand2008:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Sounds like a yeast infection, which is actually good news - that can easily be cleared up and often results in some blood!!!

Are you itchy or burning? If so, try getting some Monostate topical cream. I'd avoid the inserts while pregnant, but the topical might clear it up enough.

So glad there is no blood!

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Thank you for your concern. I can't update cause I am mobile, but I haven't had blood except like 2-3 times yesterday evening. Today and last night its been a weird clear or cottage chz discharge with a tan/yellow tint to it (TMI sorry). I am thinking infection! I'm being positive today. I have been walking around shopping and still no blood!

Quoting Mommy4Clara:

How are you feeling today? Any more spotting or cramping? We're all praying for you!

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Did you read that article I posted about it?

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I'm scared to see anyone but my doctor/her staff. I'm too emotional to deal with insensitive people. I had bacterial vaginosis my whole first preg and I'm thinking that might be what I have

Quoting Zealand2008:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting Zealand2008:

Quoting Angela4boys:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I know you're getting swarmed with replies, I was just peeking in on you too. You've been on my mind today. From what I've read so far, it does sound like yeast...maybe try something over the counter or even go to urgent care if you need to. Glad to hear there's not a lot of bleeding/spotting today.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I'm glad you haven't had much bleeding/spotting today and I hope everything ends up being ok.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I'm not sure if I did or not.  I had BV my whole first pregnancy (I reviewed my med records and I was treated 13 times!).  I am pretty sure I had BV when I lost Lily (we have a chromosomal abnormality but it was determined she died from something else), once they found out Lily had no heartbeat they forgot about everything else.  I am going to bring it to my doctors attention on Monday and ask if I can come in weekly for a swab/urine sample.  If this baby is genetically okay (after the CVS test) THEN I will really start freaking out on how to keep this little one safe.... I was scared to death of BV after I read all the stuff about it when I was pregnant with my son- I had it for almost 6 months prior to pregnanc before it was even diagnosis.  I'm gonna go dig up your post now and see if it has anything in it that I haven't heard before (I have researched this soooooo much).

Quoting Zealand2008:

Did you read that article I posted about it?

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting Zealand2008:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting Zealand2008:

Quoting Angela4boys:

mommyofnoah208
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Yay! Glad things are looking better! Still praying and thinking about you!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)