Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

update again :) UPDATE spotting and cramping

Posted by   + Show Post

No more red spotting since like 8pm yesterday!  Right now I don't even have a discharge at all.  I had a little cottage cheese like discharge about 5-6 different times.  Right now I think it was the progestrone meds that caused the spotting like the doctor said and I am wondering if the discharge was the meds just coming back out.  The pill is tan colored and the discharge was kinda an odd color (not really white, not really yellow).  I feel like as long as there isn't tons of blood I will atleast get to see my baby on the ultrasound on Monday.  I will also be discussing this with my doctor and seeing if I can take the progestrone orally (like my last pregnancy) instead of vaginally to avoid these scares in the future.  Thanks for the love and care ladies- you have no clue how much I depend on ya'll.  I tell my boyfriend about ya'll like he should know you by name.

I had red spotting about 3 times last night.  Just little smudges on the toilet paper.  Then nothing for a few times.  Then a few times of like cream colored with tiny brown flecks in it.  I'm kinda confused about the brown flecks, it didn't really look like "old blood."  I don't think I am cramping really.  I have a stomach ache, but hell I always do anyway and the pains are belly button high so shouldn't be baby related.  I am gonna go to the mall in a bit and see what walking does to the bleeding.  Also I am wondering if this could be bladder related because I am drinking plenty of water but my urine is still murky and yellowish enough that it makes the toilet paper yellow. Hmmmm why me?  

I wiped and there was just a smidge of blood.  Now I "think" I am cramping.  I went from being so hopeful to being scared and angry.  My doc said the progestrone can cause some spotting, but I just don't feel hopeful now.  I feel like my baby will be gone before I even get to see him/her on ultrasound on Monday.  I am 6weeks today and morning sickness just started today- I was all bubbly and happy.  I know you ladies are going to tell me to be hopeful and try not to stress, but with my history/future I feel like it is already over.  My kids are going to be crushed.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
Irene1923
by Tina on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I am glad for no more spotting and hope you can get the infection cleared up. Keeping you in my prayers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Oh yeah!!!! Thank goodness! One more day to wait!

I have a couple of questions about the progesterone... I know that's not what the post is about, but since you have some experience. The dr wrote me a Rx for Prometrium (sp?). It's the progesterone, he said insert one pill vaginally daily. He wrote the Rx, although I was not tested for progesterone, I have no reason to believe it's an issue, but he said it will harm nothing. He said if I use it or not is up to me. So... Question is... Can I fill it and just keep it here? Is the expiration date a year+ out... Or is it one of those Rx's that need to be used within a certain amount of days? I know that's a strange question, but it's a piece if paper, and I bet it's going to turn up lost.
MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Im so glad things are looking better and I hope your appointment goes perfectly and your doc also listens to your concerns and puts you on the oral progesterone.  Good Luck and I am keeping you in my thoughts! 

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

You can hijak my post anytime you want-good distraction!  Do you know what your progestrone numbers were?  Anything between 9 and 30 are normal.  Mine was 20 with Lily and she put me on P because she wants it at 25+, this time mine was only 15 and she was concerned thats why she want me to take the P vaginally instead of orally.  I am not convinced the P is what is making me spot and I think I have an infection too because I am starting to itch so I am going to ask if she thinks oral will be okay because the blood is super scary and I am prone to bacterial infections.  I just checked my perscription bottle and it says discard after 1 year, so go ahead and fill yours and just keep it around for a BFP.  There is no proof that it helps keep a pregnancy, but atleast you will feel like you are doing something to help.  I will ask/demand to be on P until the baby is old enough to survive on its own (32ish weeks).  Someone kinda explained it to me a different way and I can see how it could help my situation... basically the placenta should be "really good" at making P by the 12th week, what if mine is making some but not enough to support a growing 15, 16, 17, 18 week old baby?  Why take that chance if taking a pill COULD help, and certainly not HURT anything?!?

Quoting Angela4boys:

I have a couple of questions about the progesterone... I know that's not what the post is about, but since you have some experience. The dr wrote me a Rx for Prometrium (sp?). It's the progesterone, he said insert one pill vaginally daily. He wrote the Rx, although I was not tested for progesterone, I have no reason to believe it's an issue, but he said it will harm nothing. He said if I use it or not is up to me. So... Question is... Can I fill it and just keep it here? Is the expiration date a year+ out... Or is it one of those Rx's that need to be used within a certain amount of days? I know that's a strange question, but it's a piece if paper, and I bet it's going to turn up lost.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM
No, I have no clue what it was... And I really don't think I have a P issue... I was just asking him if it was possible, and he said most likely not, but go ahead and use it if I wasn't as it would do NO harm.

I don't blame you for wanting to stay in the P, especially since it won't harm anything... Also if the Dr isn't receptive to that, probably will be, but in case, I have heard you can get progesterone cream at the health food store, you can rub it on your skin.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

You can hijak my post anytime you want-good distraction!  Do you know what your progestrone numbers were?  Anything between 9 and 30 are normal.  Mine was 20 with Lily and she put me on P because she wants it at 25+, this time mine was only 15 and she was concerned thats why she want me to take the P vaginally instead of orally.  I am not convinced the P is what is making me spot and I think I have an infection too because I am starting to itch so I am going to ask if she thinks oral will be okay because the blood is super scary and I am prone to bacterial infections.  I just checked my perscription bottle and it says discard after 1 year, so go ahead and fill yours and just keep it around for a BFP.  There is no proof that it helps keep a pregnancy, but atleast you will feel like you are doing something to help.  I will ask/demand to be on P until the baby is old enough to survive on its own (32ish weeks).  Someone kinda explained it to me a different way and I can see how it could help my situation... basically the placenta should be "really good" at making P by the 12th week, what if mine is making some but not enough to support a growing 15, 16, 17, 18 week old baby?  Why take that chance if taking a pill COULD help, and certainly not HURT anything?!?

Quoting Angela4boys:

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I'm wondering if I had it too. I seem to get infections on and off and any info you have I will read too. I really don't want to spend my life on antibiotics. There has to be a reason for it.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I'm not sure if I did or not.  I had BV my whole first pregnancy (I reviewed my med records and I was treated 13 times!).  I am pretty sure I had BV when I lost Lily (we have a chromosomal abnormality but it was determined she died from something else), once they found out Lily had no heartbeat they forgot about everything else.  I am going to bring it to my doctors attention on Monday and ask if I can come in weekly for a swab/urine sample.  If this baby is genetically okay (after the CVS test) THEN I will really start freaking out on how to keep this little one safe.... I was scared to death of BV after I read all the stuff about it when I was pregnant with my son- I had it for almost 6 months prior to pregnanc before it was even diagnosis.  I'm gonna go dig up your post now and see if it has anything in it that I haven't heard before (I have researched this soooooo much).

Quoting Zealand2008:

Did you read that article I posted about it?

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I'm scared to see anyone but my doctor/her staff. I'm too emotional to deal with insensitive people. I had bacterial vaginosis my whole first preg and I'm thinking that might be what I have

Quoting Zealand2008:

Sounds like a yeast infection. I wouldn't wait until Monday. Any infections are not good for the baby.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Thinking it might be an infection that just sprang up on me. I have a cottage chz like discharge that is like light tan (TMI sorry). No more pink blood since like 8pm yesterday. Just weird discharge...never heard anyone on here discribe a mc starting this way. I am mobile and can't figure out how to update

Quoting Zealand2008:

That's what I would worry about too. Infections are not good. You can take some probiotics too. Do you have an urgent care or something?

Quoting Angela4boys:

There is no way you can get into a Dr or Urgent care to check for UTI or other Vaginal infection today? Or maybe even pick up one of those home tests for vaginal infection... Could it be something like that?

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Just wanted to put my two cents in about progesterone.  Remember I told you my Dad is a pharmacist.  He does compounding and works closely with a DO who focuses on Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.

My progesterone levels were always in the normal range but I would always 3 days of spotting before my period so my doctor decided just to try progesterone to see if it helped.  Spotting before or after your period for more than 2 days can be an indication for low progesterone.  If you are taking during your cycle though you take it 3 days after ovulation to day 12 after ovulation.  I guess that's where charting comes in handy.  Then if you're not pregnant you should get af a couple days later.  For me, my spotting stopped so even though my tests said my progesterone was in the normal range obviously for my body it was not enough.  I found out later that my estrodiol levels were high so they weren't balanced.  I need more progesterone than usual to balance the high estodiol levels.

According to my Dad, he feels the cream is the best (this is not the cream you get at the store).  The next best would be suppositories.  Prometrium is in peanut oil so if you have peanut allergies, not good.  Also make sure it's being absorbed.  My body did not absorb the progesterone vaginally and it could just be the base it was in so you may need to ask about that if needed.  TMI but you will know it's not absorbing because it will look like cottage cheese coming out of you.  Very gross.

So-called “natural” hormones from yams (extracts of the wild yam Dioscorea villosa), etc. are not bioidentical. The dioscorea from yams may have some progesterone-like effects, but it is definitely NOT progesterone and it should not even be called a hormone. It’s hormonal effects are generally weak at best.

Anyway, hope that helps :)

Quoting Angela4boys:

ttc1rainbow
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Glad to see no more spotting!! Keeping you in my prayers! Just one more day!!

Namaste09
by Samantha on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM
One more day, you are in my prayers. I keep checking to see how you are doing.
Marie3113
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM

That can be a sign of infection. I personally had light blood and cramping that led to lots of blood and cramping a few days after. I found out It was an infection it was my appendix. They removed it then I had a miscarriage five days later. Please go get checked out ASAP. Don't wait! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)