Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well ladies, I went to the OB yesterday and she was wonderful as always but I got some bad news. She thinks I'm def. going to have some fertility problems based on my personal history and families histories. Have to have blood work done cycle day 24 (only cycle day 5 now), transvaginal ultrasounds, pap in 3 weeks. Once we have all those results I will be placed on clomid. Have any of you used clomid? Dd it work for you? Very upset/hurt/frustrated. 

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Replies (11-15):
hopeym23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I used a really low dose of Clomid (25 mg) to have my son.  They even gave me an ultrasound to check my follicles on CD 12 and said there were no mature follicles and that it didn't work.  I ended up Oing late (which is common on clomid) at CD 20 and got pregnant on the first round with my second child and only son.  

It does work....good luck.

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/118404

Irene1923
by Tina on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry you are going through this but glad for the proactive response. I wish you the very best of luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry I have never used it but I wanted to wish you luck and I hope it all hepls!

lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I used Clomid to get pregnant with both my kids. The first time around, it took 3 cycles to get pregnant and the second time I got pregnant the first month trying. My babies are now 6 and 2. If I remner correctly, you have take it for 5-7 days, but they'll give you instructions for how and when to take it. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JessM311
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I took it once before and didn't like the side effects but I'm about to start it again when I get my af. I ovulate late too and my ob and I think that o'ing late might be affecting my eggs. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)