Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today? January 20

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 48 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I'm still vomiting a lot ...I'm thinking it's severe morning sickness and not a virus. Ds3 is fine now! He only puked 1 time and had diarrhea 2x. I've been puking since thursday.

I have NEVER had morning sickness like this, it's ROUGH!!!! I've lost 5lbs already :-(

It's still such s blessing though! I'm just worried the baby is not going to get the nutrients it needs! The only other time I had morning sickness (but not this severe) was with the daughter we lost :-( so it scares me... I had lost a good bit of weight with her too. I was still nauseous and randomly puking when we lost her at 16w...
Irene1923
by Tina on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I am sorry. I am thinking of you and hope it eases up...that sounds awful. Have you tried zofran? I know how hard it is not to compare the symptoms we have now to what we had with our losses but just remember this time will be different.

I am glad your son is feeling better. Take care.

Quoting echupko:

I'm still vomiting a lot ...I'm thinking it's severe morning sickness and not a virus. Ds3 is fine now! He only puked 1 time and had diarrhea 2x. I've been puking since thursday.

I have NEVER had morning sickness like this, it's ROUGH!!!! I've lost 5lbs already :-(

It's still such s blessing though! I'm just worried the baby is not going to get the nutrients it needs! The only other time I had morning sickness (but not this severe) was with the daughter we lost :-( so it scares me... I had lost a good bit of weight with her too. I was still nauseous and randomly puking when we lost her at 16w...
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Yes I've been taking zofran since thursday.

And thank you

Quoting Irene1923:

I am sorry. I am thinking of you and hope it eases up...that sounds awful. Have you tried zofran? I know how hard it is not to compare the symptoms we have now to what we had with our losses but just remember this time will be different.

Quoting echupko:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I'm glad that your DS is feeling better and so sorry you're not. I had pretty bad morning sickness with this last baby too. I've never tried Zofran, but there's an all natural soda called Zevia that makes a ginger soda that seemed to calm my stomach down a little. Thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon! :)

Quoting echupko:

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Thanks. I'll have to see if I can find it

Quoting momofcrazypants:

I'm glad that your DS is feeling better and so sorry you're not. I had pretty bad morning sickness with this last baby too. I've never tried Zofran, but there's an all natural soda called Zevia that makes a ginger soda that seemed to calm my stomach down a little. Thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon! :)

Quoting echupko:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I know Kroger has it, not sure if you guys have a Kroger or not. Well, it helped a little. I'm just one of those people who stays sick throughout pregnancy, the entire 9 months. It's horrible, but a good kind of horrible.

Quoting echupko:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting echupko:

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM
We don't hand a Kroger

Quoting momofcrazypants:

I know Kroger has it, not sure if you guys have a Kroger or not. Well, it helped a little. I'm just one of those people who stays sick throughout pregnancy, the entire 9 months. It's horrible, but a good kind of horrible.

Quoting echupko:

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting echupko:

MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Im glad DS is feelung better but sorry you are not :(  I had terrible morning sickness with dd1 and they tend to take all of the nutrients we have left! If you can try to keep up with your vitamins.  I also found ginger ale (or ginger pills) helped and the sea bands you get at the store which do a pressure point.  The bands did leave bruises on my wrist but they helped the most!  Worst case is you may need to talk to your OB about meds so you dont end up in the hospital dehydrated!!!  I hope you find relief! :-/

Quoting echupko:

MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM

sorry I didnt read all of the way down! Sorry meds arent working!  

Quoting echupko:

Yes I've been taking zofran since thursday.

And thank you

Quoting Irene1923:

Quoting echupko:

MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Im okay today :)  Got up a little later than normal but felt good to get the extra rest and dd2 made a noise this morning that sounded like she was trying to laugh :)  She started smiling last week and although that big part of me doesnt want to rush it, the other part is excited to hear her laugh :)  Other than that hoping to have a good day with the fam today!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)