Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my due date is coming up.

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

I thought that it was still far off, but i just realized that it's next month. Feb. 14th the day after my first born's b-day. and i definately don't want to be sad on my son's birthday.

my grieving has progressed really well, mostly thanks to the ladies here. i'm not a super emotional person and i normally don't know what to say so i don't post much. and i'm also pregnant again, so far it's healthy. i just wasn't expecting to look at the date and to realize that i should be 8 months instead of 3. all of the sudden my heart tightened and i wanted to cry.

now like many of you have posted, I too am waiting and dreading my would have been due date. does anyone have suggestions on how to make the day a little easier?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ttc1rainbow
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM

All the prepairing in the world didn't make it any easier for me with either due date. What I did do, which was very difficult, was allow myself to cry as much as I needed. I also released a balloon on each day, wich a little message on it to my babies.

Sorry I'm not much help, but wishing you the best of luck on that day, and keeping your rainbow baby in my prayers!! **hugs**

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My due date actually wasn't to hard because I just kept myself busy with my dd and didn't really stop to think about it to much.  I know a lot of ladies have said on there due dates they do something to memorialize their angel like do a balloon release or plant some flowers in memory of their angel.

DelilahsMom4108
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I haven't reached mine yet...it's in April
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I just stayed busy... The day came and went pretty uneventfully. (((Hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
awalter01
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I did a special activity on that day.  I just felt part of me needed that day for a little greaving.  I wasn't crying or sad but just one more step in the journey.  Sometimes I think we think of the present, or a few years, but really, we remember and miss our babies forever.  For me, letting that day be my "due date" was nice somehow.

Irene1923
by Tina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I am sorry, important dates are so difficult. I stayed busy both days. On my first due date my mom and sister took me shopping and then when DH was off work we played games all night. With my second due date I had to work then later that evening DH took me out. I did light a candle at night on both days. Keeping busy kept me from dwelling on the "what should have been". *Hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)