Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

afraid to go to the doctor?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 9 Replies
I had one living child and one miscarriage before this pregnancy. I'm about five weeks, almost six. I've had several positive tests, but I'm afraid to go to the doctor.I don't know why, but I'm terrified that if i go, they'll tell me I'm losing the baby, or that in not pregnant at all, and it was a mistake with the tests. They don't know about me losing Lillian, because i didn't have a doctor at the time. has anyone else Gone through this? I know i need to get an appointment, but I'm just too scared...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I felt the same way. The ONLY way you will know for sure is to go. Hang in there Mama! (((Hugs))). The appt may give you the reassurance you need to get you through till the next month.
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I understand your fear. Good luck and congrats. Hugs and prayers
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Congrats!! I can understand your fear but think you will eventually feel better after you go. (hugs)

baby7810
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM

i will find out if i'm preggo with in the week (i really think and hope i am) but yes i'm afraid to go to the doctor because of my last MC, so i totally understand

purfectlilly
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I was scared to go to the dr the first time with my new pregnancy but I think that you should go. I ended up being far enough along that on my first visit when they did the ultrasound we saw the heartbeat. Maybe a visit will give you really good news too. Make sure that you tell them about your loss and all of your concerns too.

Lilly

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Congrats! It is very normal to be so scared after a loss. We have scene how bad things can go and it is scary to think we could go through the pain again. But I really think going in sooner than later is better...you will get so much relief when things are going ok. Good luck and praying things go perfect and you also find calmness. Thinking of you and keep us posted
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM

((hugs)) your feelings are totally normal.  The only way your gonna no for sure if everything is okay is if you go to the doctor hun. 

DelilahsMom4108
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Sorry I've never gone through that specifically but I'm sure we all have our own fears after a miscarriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Aw honey, I'm sorry you are going through this.  I think you should go ahead and make the appt. but honey tell your doctor about your loss and maybe he/she can help you cope better with the fear of being pregnant.  I also recommend a pregnancy journal to write down all your happy moments-scare your fear too, but end each page happy and positive.. I have found it really has helped me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)