Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Really TMI, post MC sex question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 16 Replies

Okay, this is a very TMI question but...

I'm two weeks past my miscarriage today exactly. For the last few days, my body has been driving me NUTS! I have never wanted sex so badly in my life. It's like my body won't let me stop thinking about it for even a minute. I'm currently still bleeding a bit (more like very occasional spotting) and I have a cold or something that started last night. I took a nap and every single dream was about wanting sex desperately. What??

Maybe part of it is because we didn't really do much in pregnancy because I was so sick that I couldn't get interested. I know you're supposed to be really fertile right afterwards, but at only two weeks and still spotting I don't think I'd be ovulating already but I wasn't really looking for signs either. Ugh, is this normal? Did anyone else have this? It's so weird to be grieving, bleeding, sick and really wanting sex all at the same time!

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Hugs, I personally say go for it.  I don't know about the "wanting sex desperately" part but I think its normal to want that closeness with your husband.  Hang in there honey, you have so much going on at once.  I am sorry about your baby, sorry you are going through this at all

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM
We had a "business meeting" 2 weeks after my D&C. It wasn't the plan, but cuddling led to more, I won't lie, it was wonderful. It didn't hurt at all. I would just do it, take it slow, if you are comfortable, you are probably fine. Do consider BC if you are not ready to conceive immediately, because as you know, you could be very fertile.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM

This was us too...

We didn't plan to have sex, but DH was being supportive and cuddling, and one thing led to another... I was still spotting a bit too.  If I remember correctly, we used a condom to avoid getting pregnant on accident.

Quoting Angela4boys:

We had a "business meeting" 2 weeks after my D&C. It wasn't the plan, but cuddling led to more, I won't lie, it was wonderful. It didn't hurt at all. I would just do it, take it slow, if you are comfortable, you are probably fine. Do consider BC if you are not ready to conceive immediately, because as you know, you could be very fertile.

felisss
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Looks like you're around your ovulation time. Go for it.

mlynnc2
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I am two weeks since my mc and stopped bleeding after 5 days and 7 days after jumped my husbands bones!! Since having my son a year ago I have had NO sex drive at all! Since having my mc I have been so horny! Lol we are not using bc right now because we do want another and I can take bc and condoms rub me raw so we just went for it lol
mlynnc2
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Cant take**
Namaste09
by Samantha on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I also am 2 weeks as of today an just spotting on and off but feeling same way. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I know personally after my mc I was the opposite I didn't want anything to do with sex.  But I say do whatever your comfortable with. 

Herlache
by Jessie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:27 AM
After mine I had a dnc bleed for 8 days on the 8th day when I was done we dtd and I can't get enough yet I'm a month out dh and I laughed tmi we dtd twice in one day and I wanted more we've been together 12 years haven't done that in like 10 years lol gl
Laurajc06
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM
We had amazing sex last night, exactly one week since I started mc and 2 days since bleeding stopped, just spotting now. I felt so close to dh and it really did help me emotionally to know that I could enjoy myself again in that way. I was nervous at first but afterwards I felt great. If you feel ready then I say go for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)