Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay, this is a very TMI question but...

I'm two weeks past my miscarriage today exactly. For the last few days, my body has been driving me NUTS! I have never wanted sex so badly in my life. It's like my body won't let me stop thinking about it for even a minute. I'm currently still bleeding a bit (more like very occasional spotting) and I have a cold or something that started last night. I took a nap and every single dream was about wanting sex desperately. What??

Maybe part of it is because we didn't really do much in pregnancy because I was so sick that I couldn't get interested. I know you're supposed to be really fertile right afterwards, but at only two weeks and still spotting I don't think I'd be ovulating already but I wasn't really looking for signs either. Ugh, is this normal? Did anyone else have this? It's so weird to be grieving, bleeding, sick and really wanting sex all at the same time!

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Replies (11-16):
Devious103102
by Priscilla on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I was the same way after my losses so I just went for it. After parasite we started having sex about 2 days after the loss and after Jr we waited 2wks.

EmilyWilsonn
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I had my D&C about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I had the same feeling. My bleeding stopped awhile ago so we went for it. It was definitely the best we have had in a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Thanks everyone! We did go for it, it went really well! I was worried it might make me bleed again but it didn't and no ill effects after. Feeling MUCH better today!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Alma on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:57 AM

I know after I miscarried, I wanted to be closer to my SO and wanted to have sex with him so bad since while I was pregnant, I didn't want to have sex at all. We had the most amazing sex the first time after the mc. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM
I agree with this.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Hugs, I personally say go for it.  I don't know about the "wanting sex desperately" part but I think its normal to want that closeness with your husband.  Hang in there honey, you have so much going on at once.  I am sorry about your baby, sorry you are going through this at all

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lanesmommy26
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I was patiently waiting for day 14 after my d and c so my husband and I could resume our normal sex life of at least once a day, but usually two or three times a day. That two week lack of intimacy was so strange for me. I was grieving the loss of our baby that we lost at 11 1/2 weeks, but wanting that sense of what was normal in my life!!! So I do understand hat you mean! Everything was fine. I used the VCF strips to prevent pregnancy, but I don't recommend them as they gave me the only yeast infection I've ever had, followed by a bad UTI, yuck! But other than that, go for it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)