Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Has anyone experienced this?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hi we lost our son 11/28/12 had first mp 01/14/13 then today 01/25/13 started spotting a brown blood also 01/25/13 was my first check up I had no pg test done at it or us just pap smear and talk nothing abnormal except he said my uterus looks and feels like it still has a bit to go down. What could this be? Could it already be my period again? Has this happened to anyone else?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:11 AM
How far along were you when you lost your son? If you were close to term, it could easily take 6+ weeks to shrink down. Did you OB seem concerned that it had not shrank back to normal yet?
The dark brown blood could be old blood from the last period you had.
I'm very sorry for your loss.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:27 AM

I didn't have that happen but from my understanding brown blood usually just means old blood.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:42 AM
They didn't do a Pregnancy test at my appt either, but my appt was 2 weeks after, not two months. I would think your periods or bleeding being wonky a few cycles would be normal, but not your uterus " still having a bit to go" 2 months after? That doesn't sound right. Could you be pregnant?
Tawnmarie
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I went in at two weeks for a emotional check up anf we talked of options of everything and what had happened to make me go into preterm a uncaught ic i had been in for my target ultrasound 11/13/12 everything was fine looked great then that one this week was the first check up. I was 21 wks 6 days off of my dd but he was measuring ahead at 23 wks 4 days. I wish I could be we were trying for that because my hubby had a vas 11/26/12 two days before everything happened my doc ok'd ttc as soon as I stopped bleeding because of the circumstances and that my husband had a window of 4-6 weeks that he could still have viable. I don't think I am because one I started my period although not a normal one for me that's what the doctor said it sounded like and then because I had taken a hpt two prior to starting and it was negative. We have been having unprotected sex though.He didn't sound concerned he did the pap because I had had a abnormal one at the first part of pregnancy and then he did a physical examine and when he was doing that said everything looks and feels good and but that my uterus seems like it has a bit to go down to normal size.
Tawnmarie
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I know brown blood means old but why would I have old blood when i just bled 01/14-01/16?
Tawnmarie
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I bled light spotty the 14 heavier the 15 and then 16 really clotty tapered down and by the 17 it went to just brown mucuosy first part of tgr day then stopped that night
Tawnmarie
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I'm also having random milk from one side or the other still very minimum usually when excited or breast stimulated i told him about this and that I heard you can't ovulate if you still are having any milk he said that wasn't true and that it's normal to have a bit of milk still and that the only thing to stop it was bc which I don't want to take. I also had a full delivery and expelled placenta etc after normally if that helps anybody
Devious103102
by Priscilla on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Could just be from the pap. 

Zealand2008
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I had a brown and gray type clot come out at my second AF after mc. I also had lots of spotting for 10 weeks from pink to brown

Quoting Tawnmarie:

Hi we lost our son 11/28/12 had first mp 01/14/13 then today 01/25/13 started spotting a brown blood also 01/25/13 was my first check up I had no pg test done at it or us just pap smear and talk nothing abnormal except he said my uterus looks and feels like it still has a bit to go down. What could this be? Could it already be my period again? Has this happened to anyone else?

Zealand2008
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM
A lot of times we don't shed the whole lining each month and can have old blood come out.

Quoting Tawnmarie:

I know brown blood means old but why would I have old blood when i just bled 01/14-01/16?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)