Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

D&C question please answer if you can!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 6 Replies
If you start bleeding before your scheduled D&C can you still have it?
My D&C is Monday and I started spotting today. I'm so freaked out I don't want to do this naturally. But could this just be normal spotting or the miscarriage starting on its own? I've never had one before so I don't know! Just it start gradually or happen all at once?
I called my dr and I'm waiting for a call back :/
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mlynnc2
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM
There is nothing wrong with having it naturally.. My Dr said take some midol and it will help with the pain.. Really I had a little pain but nothing unlike a regular period for me..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Herlache
by Jessie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
You can still have a dnc some who try naturally still have to have them cause not all comes out... It's your decision! since you started spotting can you handle doing it at home? If not hopefully you can wait till Monday. If you can't go to er and explain they might be able to do something.... Good luck hun keep us updated!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaMruz
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Yes you can. I was 7 weeks pregnant and started spotting. Went in for ultrasound to find no fetal pole but everything else was still intact. I bled for over a week before the dnc. We had to do the dnc because my hormone levels would not come down. Having the dnc was not fun at the time but after some grieving I was glad to know that everything was taken care of. This all happened in September 2012. We took our drs advice and waited for two normal period cycles to start trying. As of now we are still not pregnant but I am trying to stay hopeful.  My prayers are with you during this difficult time. It is awful and no one deserves to go thru this. Try to stay positive and get plenty of rest. 

awalter01
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM

you could be bleeing for weeks and still have a d&c. bleeing won't stop the operation.  but, it could be a sign you might have it have home.  spotting is a super early thing, usually you will bleed pretty heavily when your body is trying to miscarry.  Not that this is easy advice, but try not to over stress, it will make it harder on your body.  So sorry you had to go through this on a weekend :(

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Yes, You can.  I had been bleeding for 10 days prior to having mine.  When they called my name and I walked back, I passed the baby on the way back to the room.  They did another U/S, the baby was gone, as I knew....but we still did the D&C anyway, because my uterus was really filled with "stuff."  I was worried about sitting on the table, making a mess everywere, and they said not to worry about that stuff at all.  So yes, you can, I was, and I was bleeding pretty heavily at that point.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:55 AM

This is what my doctor said too.  And I asked him how long it would take to do it naturally...he said possibly up to 3 weeks.  Then he said I may still have to have the D&C to control bleeding, or to remove something that doesn't come out on it's own.  That was kinda the decider for me.  I'd been bleeding 10 days, the thought of up to 3 more weeks, then still needing a D&C...I decided to just get it done and over with then.

Quoting Herlache:

You can still have a dnc some who try naturally still have to have them cause not all comes out... It's your decision! since you started spotting can you handle doing it at home? If not hopefully you can wait till Monday. If you can't go to er and explain they might be able to do something.... Good luck hun keep us updated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)