Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Do your pets make you feel better?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
My cat sits on me 24/7 when I am pregnant. Well when I lost our baby three weeks ago he never stopped sitting on me and just loves all over me. When I cry he sits next to me and looks at me like to say Im sorry... He makes me feel better when he does that.. We are thinking of getting a dog this week.. I think it will be good for us and for me to have him to force me to walk with him and just take my mind off things. Did any of you get animals or have supper affectionate animals after a mac?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ttc1rainbow
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Yes!! I have one kittie that has a huge dis like for everyone except mom. And her love grew for me even more so after I had my second loss. It's strange how they just seem to know!

jeniemarie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM
oh yes, i have a cat whos been there for me through alot of crude. 2 m/cs, a divorce, moving out of state then having to move back. this marriage and both of my pregancies w/bed rest. plus my daily bipolar struggles. he just knows when i need him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irene1923
by Tina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I had a nine month old puppy when we had our first loss and she helped me heal in many ways. She always sat by me or or gave me "kisses" when I cried. I was able to focus on all the positives with her...training her, spoiling her, and playing with her. After my second loss, I don't know what I would have done if I was alone all evening and weekends when DH was either working or at school. Pets are very intuitive and know when we need them.
Namaste09
by Samantha on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
While I was pregnant my horse gave such problems to do more then a walk. The entire week before the ultrasound when I found out she was very sucky which was strange looking back at it I wonder if she somehow knew. She has been such a suck and being such a good girl this past week I think animals pick up on it and our emotions.
I also have dog and he was always right beside me well I was pregnant which normally he is DH's suck. He is still very close now when he knows I'm upset and having a hard day.
Herlache
by Jessie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a yorkie and a yorkie shit zu mix I call them my butt tick and croch tick lol.. Every place i sit one is cramed on my side by my butt and the other is in my lap very loving but when my brother brought over his big dog he wouldn't come near me when I was pg and normally he is a very affectionate with me???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)