Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Today my first baby would have been 1 years old and I would have been 4 months pregnant with my second. Both were lost at 10 weeks.  I gained about 30 pounds with both pregnancies (I didn't have morning sickness, I just ate like a pig. There was NEVER enough food). I did not mind the weight after the first one too much, but told myself I should loose it. After putting on an additional 30 pounds with the second, I am now 60 pounds heavier than I want/should be.  A lot of that weight is visible as a belly, which makes me still feel like I am 10 weeks pregnant, and I like that feeling because I really want to be pregnant. 

I started Weight Watchers, lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks and felt great, until I realized my belly was disappearing.  I hate the way I look, but my belly has become my comfort. I stopped my diet and my belly is back. 

I feel quilty about loosing the weight because I feel like I am getting rid of the only physical evidence I am have of being pregnant. 

Have any of you felt this way?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (11-14):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I've never been through this but I'm so sorry. Good luck. Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I did at first. I sobbed when I put on my pregnancy pants and they fell off. And when I put on my skinny jeans and they fit well. It took a while, but I am now at a place where getting healthy is my goal. I know my little one would want me to, and it really helps with depression.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I'm the opposite. I've been trying to lose weight with all of my pregnancies and I'm about 30 lbs over what I would say was normal before all of the losses. I haven't found a system that works for me that fits my budget. I'm just trying to eat healthy and fit in the exercise. I think it would be better to have a rainbow baby, then a belly that reminds you of your losses. I hope you lose the guilt, lose the weight and gain a a baby soon.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM

In a way yes and in a way no. I have finally decided I want a rainbow baby more then  Iwant ot hang onto something that reminds me of my losses so I am getting healthy and in shape so I am super healthy for whne I get pregnant iwth their sibling.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)