Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

My Story of Heartbreak and Hope (preg mentioned)

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 13 Replies
4 moms liked this

Hello, ladies.  I am new to the group, though my loss was a long time ago.  I will admit that I have lurked around this group for a very long time without joining.  You ladies are so strong!  I wanted to share my story of loss and the blessings that I have recieved since.

I was super excited to find out in 2002 that I was pregnant. I even scheduled my US for my birthday. I should have been 12w based on when I got my bfp. Instead, I had a 7w fetus with no heartbeat. It broke my heart. It was made all the worse by a dr who told me that it was a miracle that I conceived, it would probably never happen again, and even if I did conceive, I'd never carry to term. It blew my world apart.

So, you can imagine my shock when in 2004 (2.5y after my mc) when I started feeling those weird symptoms. Nausea, exhaustion, etc. I figured why even bother to take a test. I've already been told how this will end. So, I continued to deny the possiblity and wait. I couldn't believe that God could be so cruel as to let me go through this again. Then, it got to the point I could feel the baby moving. Still, I made excuses, gas, etc. I started having really bad pains in my stomach and back on 12/25/04. DH (who always swore I was pregnant, lol) insisted I go to the hospital. Which eventually I did. I was put on a monitor, given an US, and saw my baby girl for the first time. I was told she looked perfect but that I was not in fact in labor. I was told to go have a pregnancy test done the next day and get a dr because my EDD was 12/29. I went to have the test done, and still expected it to be negative! I just couldn't wrap my heart or my mind around what was happening.  S

ix days after my test, and one week after seeing the US, my daughter was born on 1/1/05.  She was perfect and beautiful in every way.  I was amazed.  I knew she was the miracle I had always prayed for.  I spoiled her rotten, knowing she would be the only one I ever had.

Well, God definately had other plans for us.  When DD1 was just 9m old, I got pregnant again.  This time, I tested after only 5m.  In August 2006, DD2 was born, just as perfect as her sister.  She was followed in Dec 2007 by DD3, then DS1 in August 2009, DD4 in June 2011, and we are currently expecting DS2 in March 2013.  I worry the whole way through each and every pregnancy that something will go wrong.  I never take for granted the miracle that each and every one of my children are.  And, though I have my arms and heart full, I never forget that first baby that  I only ever got to hold in my heart.  I often find myself wondering what he or she would be like today.

I know this was long, and I thank anyone who took the time to ready it all.  I guess what I really wanted to share with those who are still waiting on their rainbow baby, never give up hope!  The road can be long and others may be discouraging, but that doesn't mean that there is not a rainbow at the end!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

wow that is fantastic!! :)  Im so sorry for your loss but thank you for sharing your amazing story :)  Sounds like you have a home full of love and I wish you a very healthy and happy rest of your pregnancy and delivery!

blessedmommie07
My life is busy and I love it!
Tuesday at 11:36 PM
by Desiree on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Congrats I hope your delivery goes well.  And I'm so happy for your story :)

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I know you from a few ddg's :-) but I've never heard your entire story written out! Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss and congrats on all of your beautiful blessings!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Thanks for sharing, beautiful story :)
arctophile
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Quoting echupko:

I know you from a few ddg's :-) but I've never heard your entire story written out! Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss and congrats on all of your beautiful blessings!

I have noticed that you and I travel in several of the same circles.   I don't often share my loss because so many people seem to think that it should be no big deal because I have so many now.  And, it seems almost unreal that someone could be told so clearly that they can't have children only to then be so blessed.  DH often points out that he prayed with me on the porch the day we got engaged and asked for us to be blessed with children. 

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Every loss matters! Every loss is a life lost :-(

And yes we are in June 11 and sept 13 together too!

Quoting arctophile:

Quoting echupko:

I have noticed that you and I travel in several of the same circles.   I don't often share my loss because so many people seem to think that it should be no big deal because I have so many now.  And, it seems almost unreal that someone could be told so clearly that they can't have children only to then be so blessed.  DH often points out that he prayed with me on the porch the day we got engaged and asked for us to be blessed with children. 

arctophile
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Quoting echupko:

Every loss matters! Every loss is a life lost :-(

And yes we are in June 11 and sept 13 together too!

Quoting arctophile:

Quoting echupko:

Just the June 11 group.  Must also see you on FB because my 2013 is due in March.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I am so sorry for your loss but thank you for sharing your story with us  ((Hugs))

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
felisss
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Oh wow! What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)