Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

babyshower

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 11 Replies

hey everyone i had someone tell me i was selfish for not going to my cousin and aunt babyshower i really dont feel up to it now cus my due date for my first child is 2/9/13 same day as one of the showers and i just had another lost 12/26/12 i feel really bad my feelings are so hurt how could someone tell you that

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
3 moms liked this

Personally that would just piss me off and I would say something rude like "have you lost a child? No so you don't know what your saying" or "sure I'll be selfish instead of forced to go somewhere after I have lost babies and have baby stuff shoved down my throat while I'm dying inside because I should be bringing a baby home not at a STUPID SHOWER!"  

Okay so maybe thats dramatic lol.  But really they are crap if they aren't sensitive to your feelings.  I went to a shower last weekend for the first time since I had lossed my daughter but granted it had been over 8 months.  And it was for a baby boy which was so much better than a baby girl shower which I would have had.   *hugs*

shonda71942
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM

At least someone understand its been tearing me apart and they all having boys the samething i was having

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Yea I had an invite from a baby loss friend to her baby shower.  And I might have gone but I think I clung to the excuses I had.  I don't know if I could stand being forced to a baby girl shower.  Don't let them make you feel bad.  They are being selfish and insensitive to you. 

Quoting shonda71942:

At least someone understand its been tearing me apart and they all having boys the samething i was having

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel bad, make no apologies!  Hopefully they never have to understand the pain of losing a child.  You take care of you.  I'm sorry you have been hurt by this ignorant person.  (((hugs)))

ashtie
by Ashten on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Dont feel bad you are not selfish, my bestfriends were both due around the same time I was 2 weeks Before me 2 weeks after me and I did not go to either 1 of the baby shower because it hurt too bad they need to understand that you have to grieve I'm so sorry this is hard for you right now but it will get better
Mayruchia
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I could not have said it better myself love this .

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Personally that would just piss me off and I would say something rude like "have you lost a child? No so you don't know what your saying" or "sure I'll be selfish instead of forced to go somewhere after I have lost babies and have baby stuff shoved down my throat while I'm dying inside because I should be bringing a baby home not at a STUPID SHOWER!"  

Okay so maybe thats dramatic lol.  But really they are crap if they aren't sensitive to your feelings.  I went to a shower last weekend for the first time since I had lossed my daughter but granted it had been over 8 months.  And it was for a baby boy which was so much better than a baby girl shower which I would have had.   *hugs*

Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Quoting Angela4boys:

Don't feel bad, make no apologies!  Hopefully they never have to understand the pain of losing a child.  You take care of you.  I'm sorry you have been hurt by this ignorant person.  (((hugs)))

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Namaste09
by Samantha on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Never compromise your feelings to make others happy.
Stay at home they should respect your feelings, I wouldn't go either.
brittanyjenean
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't feel bad for not going and whomever said that needs to be slapped. With my first miscarriage I was supposed to throw a babyshower for my best friend and when I found out what was happening with me she changed everything so I could stay home and rest. In this life, you have people who care and people you just want to run over with a semi.
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM

They are just a**wipes that have never been through your losses. Screw them and dont go if you dont want to.

Hugs sweetie

Just so you know my mil tried to give me crap about going ot sil babyshower to I told her I am not talking about it and I am not going. End of story. She got the hint. Sometimes you just have to be firm with them.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN