Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Worried & Scared *Pregnancy Mentioned*

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had a doctors appointment today and I didn't get horrible news but not great news either.  Doctor couldn't find the baby's heartbeat and the tech was too busy for an ultrasound :/  The doctor did say I had a very loud pulse that could be overriding the baby's heartbeat but I still have anxiety.  I have another appt on Wednesday to check for the heartbeat.  But of course I feel like I want to cry.  The doctor thinks he might have heard the heartbeat a few times but can't be sure because my pulse was too loud :(  And he said it's a good thing I still feel pregnant.  I'm 10 weeks today so I'm hoping that baby is just a little too small to overpower my pulse yet.  :(  So I could use some prayers that we hear a beautiful heartbeat next wednesday.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Definately praying. I know its almost impossible, but try to stay calm...I really think everything is perfect. 10 weeks is still very early to hear a heatbeat..its just hit and miss at that stage if you can or not. Praying this week flys by and that everything is perfect. If yoi feel too anxious maybe they can get you in earlier.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh! Hun, I am so sorry you are going through this! I know that the tech was too busy, but can he order an ultrasound at the hospital... Wednesday is a long time to wait!
Irene1923
by Tina on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Sending lots of prayers that everything is fine, but its just too early. I am sorry you have this worry and I know Wednesday is so far away. *Hugs*
Iluvmyshortcake
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Sending lots of prayers that everything is ok:)
Treasure43
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll be praying for you!

Herlache
by Jessie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My thoughts are with you and hoping for a sticky bean!!
arctophile
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM

prayingYou'd think they'd be more understanding and find a way to squeeze in at least a quick scan.  I'm sure everything is fine but I know you'll feel better when you hear that heartbeat on Wednesday. 

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I'm sure all is well and I'm so sorry they couldn't just give you a quick u/s so you can relax!!!

My ds3 had an anterior placenta and he was always very tricky to find even through the second trimester!
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 PM

My uterus tilts to the back so at times it's been hard for them to get a good heartbeat or even a perfect u/s! My thoughts will be with you! Please try to relax until you go back in! (hugs)

yperez0209
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Same thing happened to me on Tuesday. I don't think her intention was to check for a heart beat because I'm only 12 weeks but I asked her to. Just for peace of mind. She was able to hear something but we were not sure if it was the baby or me. She didn't seemed worried, my next appointment is next wk for my first trimester screening. It's so scary. I'll be praying for you.

BTW I just realized today that my due date is Aug 11th and we buried the baby Aug 10th of last year. Almost a yr to the day. Perhaps the joy of this baby will help us cope with the loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN