Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will carry you

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 9 Replies
I was curious if anyone has read the book I will carry you by Angie Smith. I was researching her story and I came across her books. As I was reading the book I found it really spoke to me and made me feel like I wasn't so alone. Has anyone else read the book? If so, what did you think about it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I haven't but I am in the market for a new read. I will gladly check it out! Thanks for sharing!!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I haven't read it but here is a bump for you :)

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM
What's it about?
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:02 AM

I haven't, sounds good though.

Treasure43
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
It's about a woman who finds out their baby will be born "incompatiable with life" and how she copes with it. It is a religious book but even if you are not religious it is a very touching book. It's like she put some of my thoughts dealing with the miscarriage into words.
Schaiswife09
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I really need to find that book. Sounds like it would be good. Dealing with two losses in four months really knocked me down
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have and it made me cry.  It was a good book.  I did relate to it as I too had made a choice to carry my baby with a fatal birth defect.  I also love the song and ball each time I hear it.

doodlebopfan
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Thank you for posting about this book! I was supposed to attend a baby shower today (my son is sick, couldn't go) for another mom whose baby has been diagnosed with a fatal condition. Her family asked for things to memorialize baby Addy and books on loss or grief that may help her mommy later. I bought her this book and the CD with Audrey's song on it. I'm half-way through the book, Treasure43, and since I've never experrienced pregnancy or pregnancy loss (adopted through foster care) this helps me understand how she must be feeling. She points out things people said that were NOT helpful and that in itself is helpful to know. It's so honest, easy to read format, so well written. Thank you. 

Lastly, I'm so sorry for your pain.    

melodynewsome
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM
No I have not but maybe I should find it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)