Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How are you today? February 1

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 43 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I really can't believe it's feb already! January flew by!
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I'm doing okay, really tired because we got a puppy and he keeps me up at night lol. Sunday will be 4 weeks since I lost my baby. I am still hurt over my loss but I'm anxious to be able to start ttc after my first cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I know! It seriously seems like New Years was just last week

Quoting echupko:

I really can't believe it's feb already! January flew by!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragitty
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so scared. Today sil texted to inform me that they are inducing the baby on Tuesday. I have hard a very hard time being so close to this pregnancy and, as much as I love the thought of a new nephew, I constantly find myself in tears after spending time with sil and whenever I think about the baby. Dh called me selfish last night for thinking of myself whenever anyone mentions the baby, but I know after talking with you ladies it's not being selfish--it's just part of the grieving process. I know dh is just frustrated that he can't fix everything and when that happens he gets frustrated and just tells me I need to get over it. 

Anyway, everyone is so excited about the baby getting here and I am just getting more anxious. Am I going to cry every time I see the baby, too? I hate how much pain all this brings me and I pray that it's just the pregnancy and not the baby too that is killing me. I am trying so hard to put a smile on my face (dh is the only one I have felt like I could talk to about this and now I don't think I can even do that anymore). I don't want to be a terrible aunt or a terrible person for not being as happy as everyone else is about the baby. It doesn't help that he will be born a day or so before the one-year anniversary of when I found out I was pregnant with my angel. My one-year anniversary of the loss is only a few weeks away :(

Irene1923
by Tina on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry it is so hard. I felt the same with my SILs last pregnancy. She got pregnant 3wks after our first loss and was due 7wks before our second angel was due. After our second loss, it was so hard to follow her progress, and honestly, I was a little jealous that she was having her second when I couldn't even have one. She doesn't live close so I didn't have to deal with being at the birth, but the first time I saw her, I was afraid it would be so hard, but to my surprise it wasn't, I was juat so happy to see my first niece. It isn't wrong to be anxious or to think of your loss when the baby is mentioned. You are still grieving. I am sorry no one seems to understand. I hope it isn't too difficult for you. *Hugs*

Quoting ragitty:

I am so scared. Today sil texted to inform me that they are inducing the baby on Tuesday. I have hard a very hard time being so close to this pregnancy and, as much as I love the thought of a new nephew, I constantly find myself in tears after spending time with sil and whenever I think about the baby. Dh called me selfish last night for thinking of myself whenever anyone mentions the baby, but I know after talking with you ladies it's not being selfish--it's just part of the grieving process. I know dh is just frustrated that he can't fix everything and when that happens he gets frustrated and just tells me I need to get over it. 

Anyway, everyone is so excited about the baby getting here and I am just getting more anxious. Am I going to cry every time I see the baby, too? I hate how much pain all this brings me and I pray that it's just the pregnancy and not the baby too that is killing me. I am trying so hard to put a smile on my face (dh is the only one I have felt like I could talk to about this and now I don't think I can even do that anymore). I don't want to be a terrible aunt or a terrible person for not being as happy as everyone else is about the baby. It doesn't help that he will be born a day or so before the one-year anniversary of when I found out I was pregnant with my angel. My one-year anniversary of the loss is only a few weeks away :(

ragitty
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Thanks hopefully I will just be happy, too. I may or may not be there for the actual birth, depending on how quickly she progresses because I have classes all day Tuesday and won't be there until the afternoon. Everyone else's excitement just makes me that much more nervous

Quoting Irene1923:

I am sorry it is so hard. I felt the same with my SILs last pregnancy. She got pregnant 3wks after our first loss and was due 7wks before our second angel was due. After our second loss, it was so hard to follow her progress, and honestly, I was a little jealous that she was having her second when I couldn't even have one. She doesn't live close so I didn't have to deal with being at the birth, but the first time I saw her, I was afraid it would be so hard, but to my surprise it wasn't, I was juat so happy to see my first niece. It isn't wrong to be anxious or to think of your loss when the baby is mentioned. You are still grieving. I am sorry no one seems to understand. I hope it isn't too difficult for you. *Hugs*

Quoting ragitty:

Irene1923
by Tina on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww...what kind of puppy? My puppy was such an important factor in my healing after my losses...I had something good to focus on. Hope he/she starts sleeping at night. And best of luck when you TTC.

Quoting smurfy88:

I'm doing okay, really tired because we got a puppy and he keeps me up at night lol. Sunday will be 4 weeks since I lost my baby. I am still hurt over my loss but I'm anxious to be able to start ttc after my first cycle.
Irene1923
by Tina on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
It was bittersweet because I did think of my angels but I wasn't torn inside like I feared. I was very anxious about seeing my niece and was afraid I wouldn't handle it or worse, I wouldn't love my niece like I should. Thankfully it was just a fear. Maybe try writing out your fears and concerns in a journal, that helped me alot.

Quoting ragitty:

Thanks hopefully I will just be happy, too. I may or may not be there for the actual birth, depending on how quickly she progresses because I have classes all day Tuesday and won't be there until the afternoon. Everyone else's excitement just makes me that much more nervous

Quoting Irene1923:

Quoting ragitty:

ragitty
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM

That has been the best way for me to work through my pain by myself. I have a word file on my computer that I go to whenever everything is too much and I feel like I have no one to turn to. I'm just so scared and I doubt the fear will go away before the baby gets here

Quoting Irene1923:

It was bittersweet because I did think of my angels but I wasn't torn inside like I feared. I was very anxious about seeing my niece and was afraid I wouldn't handle it or worse, I wouldn't love my niece like I should. Thankfully it was just a fear. Maybe try writing out your fears and concerns in a journal, that helped me alot.

Quoting ragitty:

Quoting Irene1923:

Quoting ragitty:

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks :) he is a Siberian husky, he just turned 8 weeks old today!

Quoting Irene1923:

Aww...what kind of puppy? My puppy was such an important factor in my healing after my losses...I had something good to focus on. Hope he/she starts sleeping at night. And best of luck when you TTC.

Quoting smurfy88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN