Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Regular?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 26 Replies
How long after an early loss did it take for your cycles to regulate? My loss at 6w2d was Nov 29th. First AF was Jan 12th. Im now on CD 21 with no ovulation in sight. Well had fertile signs for a week now but no temp shift/rise. So just curious how long it took ya. Thanks gals.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I'm not sure, I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. I lost my baby 3 weeks and 5 days ago. The doctor said it can regulate as early as 4 weeks but I've heard sometimes it takes a few months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaN1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Well it took a little over 6 weeks to get my first AF. I think that's what they meant not regulate.
mlynnc2
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I am about three weeks out from my mc and still no ovulating.
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I am not sure. It can take a few months I would think. Good luck
GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I was 14 weeks but I believe it was a blighted ovum so my hcg levels never got higher than about a 7 week level. I got my first af at 6 weeks but didnt ovulate for 5 months. My periods were between 2 and 5 weeks apart in that time with random spotting all over. Finally I started a new exercise program and things went back to normal. I had a nice perfect 28 day ovulatory cycle and then I got pregnant again exactly 6 months to the day from my loss. Our bodies are curious and mysterious things.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:07 AM

After I had my first period after my loss it took a few months for my periods to regulate.

jacksmom3707
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Had my D & C and about 4.5 weeks later had my first period. It was heavy the first 24 hours but then got light quickly. Just now having my 2nd period which came a few days before it should've but so far the flow and everything has been normal.

Jones3536
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My loss was on January 3 and my cycle came yesterday.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM

My cycle is totally different that how it was before but it's regular for what it is now. If that makes sense. I just started charting this month, so I can't compare to how it was before really. I mean, I knew I always ovulated a week or so before my period, maybe a week and a half? And I am ovulating about the same now. So....there's my super non helpful answer. I think it takes awhile though, our bodies have gone through so much hormonally in a short period of time. It's alot to adjust to.

AmandaN1
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

It made sense. I just had to giggle through this whole post.  Thanks for that :) Haha.
Charting really rocks if you ask me.  Post depo back in 2009 it was amazing when that darn shot screwed me up big time.  

Looks like I finally ovulated 3 days ago. That was CD 21. I normally O on day 16.  So it'll be another long cycle.  But maybe next time will be better?   

Quoting momofcrazypants:

My cycle is totally different that how it was before but it's regular for what it is now. If that makes sense. I just started charting this month, so I can't compare to how it was before really. I mean, I knew I always ovulated a week or so before my period, maybe a week and a half? And I am ovulating about the same now. So....there's my super non helpful answer. I think it takes awhile though, our bodies have gone through so much hormonally in a short period of time. It's alot to adjust to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)