Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

First period after a miscarriage

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
Yesterday I stared my period, this is my first period after my miscarriage. I lost our baby on January 6th. My period is super heavy and painful and has a lot of clots in it. Is this how your period is suppose to be after you have a miscarriage? Sorry, I know this is all kind of TMI but I'm just wondering. Thanks!
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AmandaN1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Mine was kinda heavy at first. But yes it can be.  Just if you fill a pad an hour or less, give your doc a call. Sorry for your loss.

DevanF
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Quoting AmandaN1:

Mine was kinda heavy at first. But yes it can be.  Just if you fill a pad an hour or less, give your doc a call. Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for that. I just sent you a message and a friend request.
daniellerjones
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I had a mc last year 1-31-12. I was 8w6d and had already seen a healthy heartbeat at 7w4d.After my MC I bled for almost 2 weeks then when my actual period came...it was horrible! I normally last 6-7 days and am very heavy day 1-2...sometimes 3.My first period lasted almost 10 days and the the first 4 days or so I was going through an ULTRA tampon every hour to 2 hours.I always have clots,but this period I had really really large clots.My doctor said it was normal for some women and that it may be because the lining was still a lot thicker than usual from the recent pregnancy.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:23 AM

((hugs)) i'm sorry for your loss hun. My first few periods after my loss were pretty heavy so it's pretty normal.  Like Amanda said though if you are filling more then one pad per hour you should give your doctor a call.

DevanF
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Quoting daniellerjones:

I had a mc last year 1-31-12. I was 8w6d and had already seen a healthy heartbeat at 7w4d.After my MC I bled for almost 2 weeks then when my actual period came...it was horrible! I normally last 6-7 days and am very heavy day 1-2...sometimes 3.My first period lasted almost 10 days and the the first 4 days or so I was going through an ULTRA tampon every hour to 2 hours.I always have clots,but this period I had really really large clots.My doctor said it was normal for some women and that it may be because the lining was still a lot thicker than usual from the recent pregnancy.

Aww I am sorry for your lost. Yeah it is gross. I mean I bled for a while after the miscarriage happened and then now again it's happening. It's gross. I just hope it's normal.
DevanF
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Quoting cali_angel_girl:

((hugs)) i'm sorry for your loss hun. My first few periods after my loss were pretty heavy so it's pretty normal.  Like Amanda said though if you are filling more then one pad per hour you should give your doctor a call.

I'm sorry for your lost. Yeah I'm not quite doing that. But it's gross. I guess it is normal though.
kris_81
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN