Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost my baby in October

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi my name is Heather and I lost my baby in the end of October. My husband and I had been trying for 7 years and all of a sudden it happened and then poof it was gone. It was a horrible horrible thing and something I never want to go through again. Now would I ever wish it on my worst enemy. The doctor told me that after my first "normal" period I could try again. So I had my usual period in November and December and even though we weren't trying I haven't had my period in January. We had sex the day before my period should have started but I am now 13 days late. I have taken 2 tests and they both came back negative... Any ideas ladies? Am I testing too soon or is it something else?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Schaiswife09
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your loss. I've had three miscarriages the last two within four months of each other. It could just be your body still getting back to normal. I know some women have irregular periods after a mc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your loss. Have you tried calling your doctor and see if they can do a blood test?
Ms.HeadBitch
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Thanks and yes I have already been to my doctor and he said lets just wait and see. But I'm going crazy waiting and seeing

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I would find a new Dr. If you have been trying 7 years...it's time to find a more proactive doctor! I'm so sorry this had happened to you (((hugs)))

Quoting Ms.HeadBitch:

Thanks and yes I have already been to my doctor and he said lets just wait and see. But I'm going crazy waiting and seeing

Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

YES! THIS!!!

A good doctor will start testing if you've been ttc for 6 months - a year.  You've waited too long! If you're not pregnant right now, the missing period could be your body returning to normal. However, I would want to get it checked. Call another doctor - it's easy to make a switch. Find someone who specializes in infertility.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I would find a new Dr. If you have been trying 7 years...it's time to find a more proactive doctor! I'm so sorry this had happened to you (((hugs)))

Quoting Ms.HeadBitch:

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I agree.  Most doctors will start looking into testing if you have been actively ttc for 1 year with no success. 

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Ms.HeadBitch:

AngelBay07
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I agree on finding a new doctor, my doctor started testing my husband had only been trying for 6 months. Best wishes!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)