Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex after D&C?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
I was wondering, as I was being discharged from the hospital they said no sex for 4 weeks. But my dr didn't follow up with me after the procedure and no one said why so I was just curious as to why?? I didn't think I'd want to be intimate with my husband for months at first but I feel a strong attraction to him. Perhaps I just want the closeness or because of how great he's been for me through all of this... I'm not sure...ugh I'm so confused
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM
To decrease risk of infection, give time for your body to go back to normal and to not overdo it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:09 AM

This.

Quoting Turtledoves:

To decrease risk of infection, give time for your body to go back to normal and to not overdo it.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:32 AM
I had a D&C and we had sex 2 weeks later. I had a 2 week follow up, basically, the doctor didn't say not to, but he lead me to feel I was healed, my cervix and uterus were healed and returned to normal. I felt just fine.
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM
My dr said when I stopped bleeding that it should be good to go... Gl
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I was intstructed to wait for two weeks. I'm not sure what the reasoning was for 4 weeks, but there must of been something? Have you talked to your doctor about it?

jacksmom3707
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM

My doctor said nothing happening in there until she had seen me for a post op visit and cleared me. I saw her about 2 weeks after the surgery and she said everything was fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)