Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

my own mom......

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
She forgot!!!!! We were talking about internal ultrasounds and I was telling her I had one with my last baby and she thought I meant my 3 year old! I remember like it was yesterday ....how could she forget?! :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:08 AM

((hugs)) i'm sorry she forgot hun.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:27 AM
:( I'm sorry ((( hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:31 AM
I'm sorry. Maybe she brought up your three year old to try and avoid any pain surrounding your loss? Other people don't always know that talking about them is ok.
tlbmrf
by Tina on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:39 AM

I understand how you feel. When we talk about my baby my mom sometimes forgets even though it was only 8 weeks ago that Nellie had a twin. The pain is so real for me and hubby but others don't get it.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM
*hugs* I'm sorry, that's awful. I wouldn't be too happy if my mom did that but we have a weird relationship and I let her know when I'm upset with her
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I am sorry :(
MommaMruz
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Did yor mom ever have a miscarriage?  If not maybe she's scared on how to talk about it. If she did maybe it stirs up too many emotions in her that she doesn't want to talk about it. My mom had one when I was three and when I had one in September she acted so wierd at first. Once I explained to her how much I needed her right now it got better. We both had a good cry together and now she's always there to talk about it. 

lunarmamma
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
She's never had a miscarriage, she really did forget. When I reminded her which one I was talking about she said oh yea I forgot and then didn't say another word about it. I guess I should expect it she's suggested an abortion and then when I had the miscarriage told me to get over it.

Quoting MommaMruz:

Did yor mom ever have a miscarriage?  If not maybe she's scared on how to talk about it. If she did maybe it stirs up too many emotions in her that she doesn't want to talk about it. My mom had one when I was three and when I had one in September she acted so wierd at first. Once I explained to her how much I needed her right now it got better. We both had a good cry together and now she's always there to talk about it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I'm so sorry. (hugs)

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Hugs.  My mom doesn't know how to handle my loss either- so she ignores it.  Hugs, sorry Honey

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)