Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our daughter still does not have a headstone. right now we mark her grave with things for the holidays like halloween/fall i did a little pumpkin that said Fall Blessings and a girl scarecrow, Christmas i did a tree and my mom put a sign in the ground that said Santa Stop Here. i also buy flowers and replace them all the time. but now we have the money and im looking at headstones. im pretty iffy on ordering one online. anyone have a site they used? im in Wichita, Ks. i just dont want to pick out a headstone (i really havent looked at any. to painful still) and go through all that, pay for it, only to be jipped and not have my daughter get it. i would be crushed and hurt and so pissed!!  i guess its just a fear. 

Wife to Donald for 5 yrs (Annver. 12/30) and mommy to 6!

Jason 6, Alexis 4 1/2, Catelynn 2 1/2, Ethan 1 1/2 and 2 angels. Baby Fletcher lost to MC 11/13/11 and Makayla lost to premature labor at 24 weeks 5 days 08/17/12 - 08/21/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

You may have left my arms but you will never leave my heart! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I had a very early loss so here is a bump for you.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Hun, I'm sure if you order online, and you use your credit card, or debit card with a visa or mastercard logo, they will back your purchase.  Generally visa and mastercard (I know even pay pal), will back your purchase, and make sure you get what you pay for.  Also, you can often find reviews for companies online...maybe that will give you some reassurance.  I order things online ALL the time, and have never had a problem.  I have had great luck with every company with one exception...Sears.  And if you look on Sears and Kmart facebook pages, you will see nothing but unhappy customers....so there is a good clue of a bad retailer. 

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I am not sure where to look..but good kuck picking one out and hoping it brings you comfort
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Funeral Homes or the cementary she is buried out might be able to help you with that.

luvbeinamommy68
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM

thank you all! i finally found a company here in the city that does them. i never thought i would have to be buying a headstone for one of my children. this feels like planning her services all over again. :'(

Wife to Donald for 6 yrs (Annver. 12/30) and mommy to 6!

Jason 6, Alexis 5, Catelynn 3, Ethan 2 and 2 angels. Baby Fletcher lost to MC 11/13/11 and Makayla lost to premature labor at 24 weeks 5 days 08/17/12 - 08/21/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

You may have left my arms but you will never leave my heart! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:37 AM

(((hugs)))  I'm glad you found a place.  I bet it will be beautiful!

Quoting luvbeinamommy68:

thank you all! i finally found a company here in the city that does them. i never thought i would have to be buying a headstone for one of my children. this feels like planning her services all over again. :'(

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Glad you found one! I order things all the time online, we live in a pretty rural area in VA at the moment so running to the store isn't really an option. How is Wichita? I bet it's pretty cold there. I lived out there 10 years ago.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I know LadyBugMama was happy with the one she purchased, I don't know if it was locally or online, but I am sure if you PM her she will give you the name of the place.  But also your local funeral home should be able to help you- you will also be able to touch and see sample items so you know what you are getting.  Hugs honey, I know this has got to be hard- I have looked online for small grave markers but just can't find something I am comfortable with, I'm scared like you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)