Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Valentine's Day

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 23 Replies

With it just around the corner I wanted to see if you would be doing anything special?  Do you and your SO exchange gifts?  What is Valentine's Day like at your house? 

chocolatehappy valentinehaving chocolate

Happily married  to my true love, Mommy to two beautiful little girls, and one furry baby!  

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM

We decided to do it low key this year. I remember hating that the world was thinking about Valentine's Day a month ago when I was going through my miscarriage, and unable to fathom how people could be happy during this time. I no longer feel that way, but we're low on money right now so we decided to get some champagne or red white, make a cake and homemade dinner, and just stay in.

baby7810
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM
We normally do a card and tiny gift. I really want to go out to dinner and a movie this year. I was supposed to be due on the 15th so its a little hard on me this year
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
We will do a fancy dinner here, maybe prime rib. We will exchange cards, and little gifts with the kids and each other. That's about it
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

This will be the first year that our DS will be making valentines for people in the family. We usually have a nice dinner here, dh likes to buy me flowers and really nice cards. And....that's about it! Lol.

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I have my first appt that day. I will be 7w and I'm terrified. Hoping it's a day we can celebrate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charr2
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I got my husband a new wedding band that was engraved with the day we lost our twin girls and since we didn't name them it says My Baby Angels. I gave it to him early and he cried saying it was the best gift he has ever gotten. He had got me a necklace before we lost them and when the hospital gave us our memory bag it had bracelets so I took them apart and put the charm on the necklace he gave me, so now we both have something to wear everyday. 

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM
We usually exchange something little and i do fun foods and crafts with the kids. We will probably do a datenight sometime soon which we havent done in like a year and a half
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM

DH is having his mom and dad watch the kids overnight.  We don't know what we'll be doing whether going out to dinner, a movie or just staying home.  Sometimes we exchange a little something but probably not this year.

Irene1923
by Tina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM
We don't do gifts or cards but I always make us a really nice dinner and set the table with candles. Normally we get some wine but this year will probably be doing sparkling cider. And of course we share a small box of dark chocolates. Lol....the dog always gets a present though.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:25 AM

We don't do anything special.  Usually we just go out to dinner with the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)