Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Did not want a baby until my miscarriage, now all i think about is getting pregnant!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 12 Replies

So last month I had a unexpected miscarriage. I didnt know i was even pregnant. I had gotten pregnant right before i started my bcp's, Then had the miscarriage at home on the toilet. We are def not trying to get pregnant. We dont want another baby right now, well we didnt want another baby. Dh still doesnt want another one right now, but since i lost our little Angel, all I have been thinking about is getting pregnant.

I want another baby now! I discussed with dh about going off the bcp. He still wants to wait till my 30th bday (3 years from now) He says that we are not ready for a baby and does not want one right now.

I dont know what to do about me wanting one and he doesnt.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jones3536
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry for your loss. I think that when we have m/c it cosume us to the point that a baby is what we want to help us with the pain of the loss.I will pray for you and just understand his point of view too.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I get that. It happened to me. We weren't trying but weren't preventing either and I had a tubal pregnancy. After I lost the baby, I just wanted one so badly. I got pregnant again around 8 or 9 months after. Now I have my pain in the butt almost 4 year old =)

gingerprincess
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I wish I had advice for you, although I did know I was pregnant, I'm going through the exact same situation. :(

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM
4 moms liked this
There is never a good time to have a baby, but the time is always right... Said my grandma, mother of 7. As long as you've got love, you will make it work :). There is no promise that your situation will be prime or even better in 3 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Awww honey, that's all I think about too! I hope you guys make a decision that works best for you and your family. I tend to agree with Angela, there's never really a "right" time, somethings always coming up. We decided to go ahead and give it another go here soon, and if it's meant to be, it will happen.

gabeybaby07
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats was exactly my argument to dh!! he still wants to wait - im secretly hoping my bc will fail

Quoting Angela4boys:

There is never a good time to have a baby, but the time is always right... Said my grandma, mother of 7. As long as you've got love, you will make it work :). There is no promise that your situation will be prime or even better in 3 years.

Harleysmom213
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM

i'm sorry. i had an unexpected pregnancy and when my dh and i finally started to get excited for it i had my miscarriage. i hope you and your dh can get onto the same page, there's nothing worse than when a couple starts to resent each other over something as precious as a baby. good luck and hugs!!

Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I'm sorry for your loss I agree with the other ladies there is no right time
mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry for your loss. Good luck in the future...going through a loss can definately change your perspective and what you want
Piper04
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I agree with the other posters. There is no perfect time. I can imagine how your feeling. I lost my baby in March 2012 at 7-8 weeks (when i was 38). I mourned but went on to try again as soon as i could. I fell again but lost again in May. Following this we tried again but lost yet again at 14 weeks september 2012. I had to give birth at this point and am not emotionally ready to give it one last try but want to some point this year.

I wish you all the luck in the world. Maybe you could try and explain to hubby how strongly you feel and that as long as there is love, which you obviously have, things will work our, regardless of whether it is now or 3 years time. Good luck hun :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN