Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about hCG Levels

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm three weeks after my miscarriage and had my beta levels checked. They told me today that my levels were at 21, but wouldn't tell me if that was okay. I miscarried at 12 weeks, so I imagine the levels were pretty high. They asked me if I was still bleeding or having anything weird going on, which I'm not. Is 21 still high? They're looking for it to be under 5. They're going to retest me in two weeks, I just wanted to be sure I'm on track because they wouldn't tell me if 21 was good or not or the average. 

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
junkj27
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I also lost at 12/13 weeks. I had my level checked a week and a half later and it was 56. I had it checked again a week after that and it was 18. So about 2.5 weeks after miscarriage I was down to 18. I have to have it checked again late this week to make sure it went back down to below 0.

Your levels don't seem that far off from what mine were and they weren't concerned about mine at all. I still have very light spotting here and there and they told me it was normal.  I think yours sounds all good :)

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I never had my hcg levels checked so here is a bump for you.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:47 AM

21 is pretty low.  It's high enough to register a + on some home pregnancy tests.  It took me 3 weeks, and 3 days to get my first - on a home pregnancy test.  My guess is that soon, you will be under 5.  In two more weeks, you may even have your period.  I'll be 5 weeks out on Thursday, and I had a little spotting this morning.  With my last loss, which was at 16 weeks, I had my first period at 4 weeks and 2 days. 

I wouldn't worry...it sounds to me like you are on track. 

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM

you sound like you are about on track.  At about 3 weeks after a 9week loss, my levels were right around 20 too.  Hugs I think everyones levels rise and fall individually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)