Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Comforting DH

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

He finally came out about how he actually feels. He said he is scared to actually get pregnant again because he is scared I will have another MC and that it will be worse than last time. He said he is scared because of how depressed I was *I used to cut and I was suicidal on a daily basis* but that was before my LO. I mean I got low after my MC but never that low. Never low enough that I would leave behind DH and LO. Does anyone know how I can reassure him about this? I mean I know there is no way to completely reassure him because the risk of MC will always be there so I am not really sure how to go about it. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Maybe just tell him MC is a real possibility but that you are stronger now than you were back then. Let him know that even if the worst happens you will always be there for him and your LO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I would probably tell him that while yes, miscarriage is always a possiblity, that you are in a better place now than you were before.  I would also tell him that even though losing a baby hurts so much, that having a baby is worth fighting for, and you don't want to surrender that dream because of a loss.  You want to round out your family with a beautiful healthy baby in your arms. 

Good luck Hun!  Praying for you, and for the right words to flow (((hugs)))

Raindancerx
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.

tiffluv81
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM

my s/o is like that but he gets mean with it because he know no other way to express his hurt. I talked to him on last week and he said that we been together all this time and has tried so much to have a baby with me and can't and all his homies(thats how he said it) started have babies right away. S/o started with telling me look at so and so he met that girl on feb and they had a baby in october and we been together four years, then he gets angry, i calm him down assuring him of what i went through and had to suffer so i think he is getting the idea our life is not over we are still young and we can keep trying once we get ourselves together GOd will deliever our baby to us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)