Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confused...Venting

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hello Everyone!

I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. It was my first pregnancy and I was very excited. Although I was very upset at time this happened (August 8, 2012), I find myself unable to control my emotions closer to my due date( March 30). I'm constantly crying and unable to explain to my boyfriend what's wrong, because I don't think he will understand since some time has passed. I know he was hurt but it seems as if he has moved on. And everyone around me says "you will get pregnant again" but that's not what I want. I want my baby back. It's so hard to see other people with children and to know that that could have been me. I wish the people that I cared for most understood how hard this is.  

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:44 AM

I am so sorry for your loss :(  losing a baby really hurts! 

Just know that your baby loves Mommy, and wants Mommy to be happy.  Something that helped me in my loss, is my desire to Celebrate my baby boys life.  His little life was so very short, but I'm so glad that I was his Mom, and that I got to carry him those 16 weeks. I really wish he were here with me of course.  But I am going to celebrate him!  I don't want to be sad every time I think of him, he was so beautiful and precious.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I'm so sorry. Dates are hard for me too, our EDD was in April so it's coming up as well. (hugs)

Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I'm sorry for your loss... Men take it differently then women... we are here for you when ever you need us ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs.  Its so hard for people who didn't hold that sweet little life in their body to realize this pain never goes away.  Hang in there and just be open with the boyfriend- try to help him understand, you need him.  Hugs

MsJohnson86
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Thanks for all the support! It feels good to know that I am not alone. Last night was very rough and waking up to all of the positive words is such a blessing!!!

group hug

Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM

My baby was 8 weeks too when she passed, though I had been 13 weeks pregnant (everything but the baby had continued to grow. =(  ) What helps me so much was to make a memorial for her. I light a candle every day, and I have a place I can go to just be with her and talk to her. Another thing is having her birthday planned. My husband and I decided that instead of only being miserable and sad, we were going to celebrate the short time she was with us and show her just how much she's forever loved. We're going to make her a cake, and take DD to Build a Bear to build our angel the teddy bear that she was supposed to get when she was born, and we'll go to church and light candles for her and have the priest say an extra prayer just for her. Our birthdays were supposed to be so close together, DD and my birthday is in the same week and our angel was to be born two weeks later, so this is the only way I can still throw DD a party and get through my birthday without being completely beside myself in misery.

Devious103102
by Priscilla on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

(((hugs))) Fully understandable hun.  I lost my son in Sept and my due date was Feb 28 and this month I have been a wreck. My birthday was yesterday and I spent almost the entire day crying because my due date is getting so close =0(

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM

*hugs* I'm sorry for your loss.

Simplywaiting
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I can honestly say I know exactly how you feel.  I too had a miscarriage in July, it was also my first pregnancy ever after 10 years of trying and to lose it, makes it all that much worse.  Not saying that it's not hard to lose a baby at anytime, but after trying so hard for so long and wanting this baby more than anything in the world and to have it ripped away so suddenly, it's heartbreaking.  And you are right, our other half, are dealing with a loss as well, but it's not the same.  We are the ones who are feeling that baby grow inside of us and our bodies are the ones changing and adapting for this baby.  It's a lot harder on us than it could ever be on them.  I too am having big issues as my due date would have been at the end of February and it's fastly approaching and all I see are babies everywhere.  I want to crawl up in a ball and just cry.  It hurts soooo bad to know that in a few short weeks I could have been holding my precious miracle that I've waiting so long for.  But apparently God had other plans, I'd love to know what they are, but it wasn't for us to have our miracle child.  It saddens me to see so many people that don't even want kids popping them out like nothing and us that would do anything to have even just one, struggle everyday to ttc and if we are lucky enough to get pregnant, then we have a miscarriage and we are back at square one, but even worse off then when we originally started.  Sorry for the rant, but I know how you feel and I'm here if you need to chat.  Seems as though we have a bit in common.  Hope things get better for you and sending sticky baby dust your way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)