Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Religious aspect

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm religious in that I believe in God and believe in an eternal life in heaven after this life but I don't know much about the Bible. Specifically, does anyone know if there is mention of miscarriage in the Bible. I guess I always pictured being in heaven one day and seeing all my lost loved ones again but then it struck me-will I see my baby? Do we all get to re-unite with our lost children? If so, what form will they be in?

Just a little deep thinking on this cold, dreary day :)

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this
The bible doesn't specifically mention miscarriage. It does however say that we know God while we are still in the womb. It also says children are heritage of The Lord.

I do believe we all are reunited, but as for what form we are in, I don't know. I consider our body our earthly shell, and it remains here...it's our spirits that are in heaven. Are we all going to be ageless, young, old??? Not sure really. But, the bible says we will have the likeness of earthly man... But specifically, I just don't know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zealand2008
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:23 PM
There is no mention of miscarriage in the bible. Also all barren women in the bible that conceived gave birth had her baby and was healthy. There are two exceptions: in genesis 35 Rachel, wife of Jacob, had hard labor and died while giving birth. She had stolen some images of gods from her father and her husband Jacob, not knowing this, made a decree that whoever had stolen them would die. The other one is Bathsheba and David's baby died of sickness seven days after he was born. David had taken Bathsheba in adultery and she conceived. David then had her husband killed and took her for his own wife. God sent Nathan the prophet to tell David that he would not die but the baby would.

They say it was not and is not the will of god for you to lose your baby. Yet I lost my baby. Sooo I don't get it. Perhaps I was being punished for something like David.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I am like you, I believe in God, but do not know much about the Bible.  But I believe God does not make mistakes or just "take" our children for no reason.  I am not sure why I lost the first baby- I assume she would have been "incompatable with life" and I truly with all my heart believe that God called my angel Lily to Heaven so my first baby would not be lonely while she waited for us.  I believe God is kind and humane.  And I do believe I will be with both of my angels one day, and I will know them when I see them, and they will remember me like they have been with me forever. 

Charr2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I suggest reading Heaven is For Real!!! It's amazing and has a small part about lost babies. 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this

No Hun, God isn't punishing you, he isn't punishing me, he isn't punishing any of us.  We are all born sinners, and we are forgiven.  The bible says we will not be condemned if we are in Christ.  Rachel, Jacob, Bathsheba and David all came long before the Birth of Christ.  Jesus paid the ultimate price for all of us.  No sin is ever bigger than Gods love.  (((hugs)))

Quoting Zealand2008:

There is no mention of miscarriage in the bible. Also all barren women in the bible that conceived gave birth had her baby and was healthy. There are two exceptions: in genesis 35 Rachel, wife of Jacob, had hard labor and died while giving birth. She had stolen some images of gods from her father and her husband Jacob, not knowing this, made a decree that whoever had stolen them would die. The other one is Bathsheba and David's baby died of sickness seven days after he was born. David had taken Bathsheba in adultery and she conceived. David then had her husband killed and took her for his own wife. God sent Nathan the prophet to tell David that he would not die but the baby would.

They say it was not and is not the will of god for you to lose your baby. Yet I lost my baby. Sooo I don't get it. Perhaps I was being punished for something like David.

Zealand2008
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Thats true. I forgot about that. Why is there no miscarriage in the bible though and it's all over the place now?

Quoting Angela4boys:

No Hun, God isn't punishing you, he isn't punishing me, he isn't punishing any of us.  We are all born sinners, and we are forgiven.  The bible says we will not be condemned if we are in Christ.  Rachel, Jacob, Bathsheba and David all came long before the Birth of Christ.  Jesus paid the ultimate price for all of us.  No sin is ever bigger than Gods love.  (((hugs)))

Quoting Zealand2008:

baby7810
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:31 AM

YES!! yes you will see every miscarried child! my father in law gave me a book to read, i was all like whatever, but i read it and it truley helped me get through. i still dearly miss my baby but it helped. find the book called 

'Heaven Is For Real'

its a real story

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I don't know, maybe we need a new new testament ;) I was looking around last night, and may have found something regarding miscarriage. I wasn't 100% though. I was tiring to cross reference it with other editions when I fell asleep. If I figure it out I will post.

Quoting Zealand2008:

Thats true. I forgot about that. Why is there no miscarriage in the bible though and it's all over the place now?

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Zealand2008:

Zealand2008
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM
In the bible?

Quoting Angela4boys:

I don't know, maybe we need a new new testament ;) I was looking around last night, and may have found something regarding miscarriage. I wasn't 100% though. I was tiring to cross reference it with other editions when I fell asleep. If I figure it out I will post.

Quoting Zealand2008:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Zealand2008:

Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I started a thread a few weeks back called faith and loss. Some of the ladies posted some really helpful things on there for me. If you want to check it out. I did my own searching and there is a lot of talk about pregnancy in the bible, but not so much about miscarriage. My gues would be, that they didn't understand miscarriage in the those days. Most miscarriages occur within the first trimester, and often times women don't even know they are pregnant...and that is today with home pregnancy tests. Back then...they didn't have that technology. That is just my guess...you know when you deliver a baby and it dies or is dead. But if you miscarry...they might have just thought they were late or something. Hope this helps. Please know that you aren't the only one to wonder where God fits into our losses. We are all here for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)