Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I'm religious in that I believe in God and believe in an eternal life in heaven after this life but I don't know much about the Bible. Specifically, does anyone know if there is mention of miscarriage in the Bible. I guess I always pictured being in heaven one day and seeing all my lost loved ones again but then it struck me-will I see my baby? Do we all get to re-unite with our lost children? If so, what form will they be in?

Just a little deep thinking on this cold, dreary day :)

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Replies (11-14):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Yes in the bible, BUT, I think I found what I may have read last night...and no, it is certainly not about miscarriage.

I can't even be sure what I was reading, because every night I have been falling asleep while reading. And it's really hard to know where you leave off. If I wasn't up at 4 am, I wouldn't be so darn tired the minute the sun went down!

Quoting Zealand2008:

In the bible?

Quoting Angela4boys:

I don't know, maybe we need a new new testament ;) I was looking around last night, and may have found something regarding miscarriage. I wasn't 100% though. I was tiring to cross reference it with other editions when I fell asleep. If I figure it out I will post.

Quoting Zealand2008:

Thats true. I forgot about that. Why is there no miscarriage in the bible though and it's all over the place now?

Quoting Angela4boys:

No Hun, God isn't punishing you, he isn't punishing me, he isn't punishing any of us.  We are all born sinners, and we are forgiven.  The bible says we will not be condemned if we are in Christ.  Rachel, Jacob, Bathsheba and David all came long before the Birth of Christ.  Jesus paid the ultimate price for all of us.  No sin is ever bigger than Gods love.  (((hugs)))

Quoting Zealand2008:

There is no mention of miscarriage in the bible. Also all barren women in the bible that conceived gave birth had her baby and was healthy. There are two exceptions: in genesis 35 Rachel, wife of Jacob, had hard labor and died while giving birth. She had stolen some images of gods from her father and her husband Jacob, not knowing this, made a decree that whoever had stolen them would die. The other one is Bathsheba and David's baby died of sickness seven days after he was born. David had taken Bathsheba in adultery and she conceived. David then had her husband killed and took her for his own wife. God sent Nathan the prophet to tell David that he would not die but the baby would.

They say it was not and is not the will of god for you to lose your baby. Yet I lost my baby. Sooo I don't get it. Perhaps I was being punished for something like David.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zealand2008
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM

My pastor friend gave me a book called Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize.  It came with a small book on prayers and promises.  She gave it to me because I had started spotting early in the pregnancy and it was making me nervous.  All that information I stated came from that book.  I was reading the section on fear and all the prayers but now I'm reading the section on miscarriage and desire to conceive.  It's great information but leaves me a bit confused.  They say God never intended miscarriage and it's not mentioned in the bible but then explain to me why it happens now all the time.  I agree with the other member who said perhaps it was because women didn't know they were pregnant that early and perhaps miscarried early and didn't know it, but what about all the women who miscarry later like me?  Mine was 11 weeks so I definately knew I was pregnant.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Yes in the bible, BUT, I think I found what I may have read last night...and no, it is certainly not about miscarriage.

I can't even be sure what I was reading, because every night I have been falling asleep while reading. And it's really hard to know where you leave off. If I wasn't up at 4 am, I wouldn't be so darn tired the minute the sun went down!

Quoting Zealand2008:

In the bible?

Quoting Angela4boys:

I don't know, maybe we need a new new testament ;) I was looking around last night, and may have found something regarding miscarriage. I wasn't 100% though. I was tiring to cross reference it with other editions when I fell asleep. If I figure it out I will post.

Quoting Zealand2008:

Thats true. I forgot about that. Why is there no miscarriage in the bible though and it's all over the place now?

Quoting Angela4boys:

No Hun, God isn't punishing you, he isn't punishing me, he isn't punishing any of us.  We are all born sinners, and we are forgiven.  The bible says we will not be condemned if we are in Christ.  Rachel, Jacob, Bathsheba and David all came long before the Birth of Christ.  Jesus paid the ultimate price for all of us.  No sin is ever bigger than Gods love.  (((hugs)))

Quoting Zealand2008:

There is no mention of miscarriage in the bible. Also all barren women in the bible that conceived gave birth had her baby and was healthy. There are two exceptions: in genesis 35 Rachel, wife of Jacob, had hard labor and died while giving birth. She had stolen some images of gods from her father and her husband Jacob, not knowing this, made a decree that whoever had stolen them would die. The other one is Bathsheba and David's baby died of sickness seven days after he was born. David had taken Bathsheba in adultery and she conceived. David then had her husband killed and took her for his own wife. God sent Nathan the prophet to tell David that he would not die but the baby would.

They say it was not and is not the will of god for you to lose your baby. Yet I lost my baby. Sooo I don't get it. Perhaps I was being punished for something like David.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM
And my first was 16 weeks, and saw and held him after I delivered him. It would have been hard to not know it was a baby.

My feeling is that God does not consider this "miscarriage." He doesn't consider a baby anything less than a child, his heritage. Not a clump of cells, tissue or anything less than a child.

Mind you women of biblical times weren't peeing on a stick at 3 weeks and 5 days... But I have no doubt if they knew they were pregnant, it was considered a child. And also, if you consider the level of modesty women had, it almost seems more unlikely to mention pregnancy loss.

Quoting Zealand2008:

My pastor friend gave me a book called Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize.  It came with a small book on prayers and promises.  She gave it to me because I had started spotting early in the pregnancy and it was making me nervous.  All that information I stated came from that book.  I was reading the section on fear and all the prayers but now I'm reading the section on miscarriage and desire to conceive.  It's great information but leaves me a bit confused.  They say God never intended miscarriage and it's not mentioned in the bible but then explain to me why it happens now all the time.  I agree with the other member who said perhaps it was because women didn't know they were pregnant that early and perhaps miscarried early and didn't know it, but what about all the women who miscarry later like me?  Mine was 11 weeks so I definately knew I was pregnant.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Zealand2008:

In the bible?

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Zealand2008:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Zealand2008:

Schaiswife09
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I definitely believe we will see our children again. They have a soul just like us. I am not sure why I've lost three babies. But I do know there was a reason. We just have to trust God and he will give us peace and comfort. One day I know I WILL see my babies again along with my grandmother. I like to believe that my grandmother is getting to hold and play with my babies in heaven. She died of cancer when I was 2 so it comforts me thinking that she is happy being a great grandma and that my babies are experiencing so much love and happiness. There's a lot I dont know about heaven a lot of questions God leaves unanswered but it doesn't matter. All that matters is that we will see one day!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)