Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blighted Ovum

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 21 Replies
I'm so sad to be joining this group. I'll be 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow and had some spotting and cramping for the past few days so I was sent for blood work and an ultrasound today. They found an empty sac and blood in my uterus. I've already had one d&c from an incomplete miscarriage 4 years so I would rather let this pass naturally. I know it could take weeks though and I'm really nervous about that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Hugs honey.  Welcome to the best (worse) group in the world.  I couldn't have made it through my losses without these ladies.  Feel free to use this group to get all your emotions out- we face so many different emotions its hard for someone who has not been through this to understand.  I think letting it pass naturally if the process has started is easier.  Hugs honey I am sorry for your loss.

Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I'm sorry for your loss! With out these ladies I don't know what I would have done they are amazing!!!
mlynnc2
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I had a blighted ovum and lost the pregnancy Jan 10th. I was supposed to be 8 weeks pregnant. I was able to pass it naturally because the sac was small and hopefully you will be able to do the same! Prayers to you love.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM

((hugs)) i'm sorry hun and hopefully you are able to pass it naturally.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Yes, this is the group nobody wants to have to join, and I'm so sorry for your loss  (((hugs)))  I'm really glad you are here though, I don't think there is a more supportive group of ladies than right here.  Please feel free to talk about anything that you need to, we're all here for you.

cormama
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Thanks ladies, I'm sort of in a fog right now. Should I be sad because I thought there was a baby, or feel better that there wasn't a baby so I can't miss what never was. Just confusing. I just know I don't want to be 'pregnant' anymore right now. I want to move on and these symptoms and pains are just a reminder. I want to exercise to help my mood but I'm not sure that's the best idea until everything passes.
My husband is being great though and is super confident that things will be fine and we'll get pregnant again.
Mariav31
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Sorry for your loss. I found out last week @ 6 weeks I was at 5 weeks. Since then, I've been waiting to m/s naturally. This will be my 3rd m/c. It's taking longer than my last one. Can't wait too long, so I may consider a D&C if I don't m/c naturally. Hoping you are able to pass naturally.
tiffluv81
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Its ok to feel like that I remember my first mc was a blighted ovum. I had such the best feeling in the world to see that bfp for a whole month straight. I was excited to have my first doctors appt. So the day before my appt, I started spotting and cramping. I went to er because i was so nervous and it was a sunday they found the sac but no fetal pole, my heart dropped. They said the sac measured at 6 weeks. I was heart broken, hurt, crushed, felt like a failure, somethng hand to be wrong, lost, confused(was there a baby from the beginning or just a sac to start.) was i pregnant or not..... Well yes indeed we were pregnant baby just didnt develop so they had to find a place in heaven to grow so they went back home.) Im so sorry for your loss I have had 4 mc's and I think of them constantly matter of fact one baby would be 5 in march this year, one will be five months, this month, one would have been in 2 last november, the other 1 last october.. I wouldve had a basketball starting line up almost..... I know that God has a reason for it all and in the end i will have my blessing again.. My rainbow.

Quoting cormama:

Thanks ladies, I'm sort of in a fog right now. Should I be sad because I thought there was a baby, or feel better that there wasn't a baby so I can't miss what never was. Just confusing. I just know I don't want to be 'pregnant' anymore right now. I want to move on and these symptoms and pains are just a reminder. I want to exercise to help my mood but I'm not sure that's the best idea until everything passes.
My husband is being great though and is super confident that things will be fine and we'll get pregnant again.

jacksmom3707
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I also had a blighted ovum. Had my D & C done December 6th.

I didn't have any bleeding or cramping or anything. After 2 weeks of limbo and not passing naturally, I opted for the D & C to put it all behind me.

Hugs to you!

PrOuDaRmYWiF08
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Im sorry! I had a blighted ovum miscarriage the beginning of January, right at 12 weeks. We found out at 10 weeks that my sac was empty, and I just let it happen naturally. It was painful-physically and emotionally.

I know what its like to just want it to get over with, I hated feeling 3 months pregnant but knowing there was no baby :(

So so sorry your going through this....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)