Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Trying to shake baby fever

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

Just wanted to vent to people I know will understand.

I had a really rough day in a few areas, but above all, I woke up with severe baby fever this morning and had a rough time calming it. On one hand I feel guilty, it's only been three and a half weeks since my miscarriage. Another part of me aches, and my heart weeps with wanting to hold a baby in my arms. I look at my daughter and cry, I told her she was going to be a big sister. She was so interested in her baby dolls and figuring out how to feed them and loving babies so much, I knew she'd be great at being a big sister. But there's a hole that I know a new baby can't fill, but my arms want to hold a baby and I want a baby so much to fill in these places in my life that were supposed to be filled with a newborn. 

I really don't want baby fever, but I don't know how to shake it. We're not going to be trying until sometime in spring, which was my idea and my doctor's recommendation. But ugh, it doesn't help this constant feeling of needing a baby in my life. 

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttc1rainbow
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

hugs 

angelmomofk
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you miss your baby and that is totally normal. Until you are ready to try again, just go easy on yourself and allow yourself time to grieve. I find little ways here and there to honor my baby girl through random acts of kindness. Hugs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

She's still part of my every day. I light a candle for her all day, I have a little memorial in our bedroom, and I spend any free moment I have crocheting hats for a miscarriage/stillborn charity. I miss her terribly, and I miss what should have been. I can understand and cope with that, but it's like this urge is beyond mental. It's something my whole body craves. My arms feel so empty. I know I'm going to wait, but it's so hard right now on me emotionally.

Quoting angelmomofk:

I think you miss your baby and that is totally normal. Until you are ready to try again, just go easy on yourself and allow yourself time to grieve. I find little ways here and there to honor my baby girl through random acts of kindness. Hugs.

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

chicago1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I know just how you feel. For a long time i would have these dreams where i would be holding my baby and when i woke up i did it in a frantic search for my baby. Its one of the most horrible feelings. I want a baby so baddly too but the feelings do get easier to live with. I think its only natutal to feel like that. Sorry youre going through all this, in time itll all get better. Hope for nothing but the best for when you do try again. Hugs and prayers!
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I've had those dreams a few times already, always so very vivid. They were amazing until I woke up and had to deal with my baby being gone all over again. Its such an empty, painful feeling.

Thank you for your well wishes. =)

Quoting chicago1:

I know just how you feel. For a long time i would have these dreams where i would be holding my baby and when i woke up i did it in a frantic search for my baby. Its one of the most horrible feelings. I want a baby so baddly too but the feelings do get easier to live with. I think its only natutal to feel like that. Sorry youre going through all this, in time itll all get better. Hope for nothing but the best for when you do try again. Hugs and prayers!
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM
((hugs)) hun I'm sorry your going through this!!
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM

((hugs)) well hang in there because spring isn't to far away.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:17 AM

There is no need to shake the baby fever Hun!  There is nothing wrong with wanting another baby.  It's very natural and normal to want to have a baby and grow your family.  I'm sorry that you lost your baby, it's not fair this happens :(  but there is nothing wrong with your desire to hold a baby in your arms again.  Spring isn't too far away Hun (next month in fact...March 20th to be exact ;), praying you get your BFP soon. 

chicago1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

it is a horrible feeling, a helpless feeling. But it does get better. Your welcome sweetie hope youre feeling better today *hugs*

Quoting Turtledoves:

I've had those dreams a few times already, always so very vivid. They were amazing until I woke up and had to deal with my baby being gone all over again. Its such an empty, painful feeling.

Thank you for your well wishes. =)

Quoting chicago1:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I think I've caught it too! I think most of us have! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)