Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Enough is enough! *edit some more bad news :(

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
  • 24 Replies
So in early January I lost my baby at 9 weeks. Recently we decided to get a puppy to help get our minds off it. We found out that our puppy's bones are so deformed that he would live a seriously painful life regardless of any surgery he got so we had to have him put down tonight. We all loved him so much and he was an amazing puppy full of so much love. Seriously enough is enough, how much more pain are we going to have to endure. I miss him so much. . :(

So this year is off to a horrible start. My mom called me this morning and told me my step dad died last night... Seriously what is with all the losses this year! Me and him did not get along but I feel horrible for my mom, they have been together for a little over 15 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelmomofk
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so so sorry for your losses. That is terrible. I will be praying for God's peace and love to surround u.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
O my gosh I am so sorry for both your losses. :( I hope things start to look up soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Im so sorry. We lost our pregnancy last month too at 13 weeks and ever since it seems like we cant catch a break. Everything that carries some hopefulness gets crushed. I hope it ends soon for both of us, how difficilt to keep losing.
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for both of your losses hoping that we all get better or at least some good luck soon ((hugs))
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) oh gosh I am so sorry hun

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Oh my gosh Honey, that is terrible :(  I'm so sorry you guys have had to go through this.  You guys did a very brave and loyal thing with your puppy.  Your puppy was so lucky to have your family as his family...puppy knew nothing but love.  (((hugs)))  I'm so sorry for your loss, and all you guys are going through :(

Irene1923
by Tina on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry, I know how hard that had to have been. Thinking of you and I hope things start to get better very soon.
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I am so very sorry Smurfy! My situation was like that but in reverse. I had to put my 17 year old cat down just a week or two before we lost this baby in November. I felt just like you do, it was just one thing after another. We just moved to this area about a year and a half ago and I told my DH that I almost felt that we've just experienced so much loss out here. I know that seems silly, but it was all I had at the moment. Truth is, location is irrelevant, it could of happened anywhere. Again, I'm so sorry for your sweet little puppy. :(

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Thanks, my fiancé is taking it harder than me because it was my birthday gift to him and a dog he's wanted since he was a child. I told him the same thing about him at least knowing what it was like to be spoiled an loved instead if neglected an left in pain. My fiancé cared about him so much that he held him while they put him down so that he would be at peace instead of scared. :(

Quoting Angela4boys:

Oh my gosh Honey, that is terrible :(  I'm so sorry you guys have had to go through this.  You guys did a very brave and loyal thing with your puppy.  Your puppy was so lucky to have your family as his family...puppy knew nothing but love.  (((hugs)))  I'm so sorry for your loss, and all you guys are going through :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM
We had to put our dog down 8 years ago, on my husbands birthday, because we didn't want her to suffer another day... And my husband held her too, and stayed with her for hours after. It was so sad, but it shows so much compassion in our men doesn't it.

Quoting smurfy88:

Thanks, my fiancé is taking it harder than me because it was my birthday gift to him and a dog he's wanted since he was a child. I told him the same thing about him at least knowing what it was like to be spoiled an loved instead if neglected an left in pain. My fiancé cared about him so much that he held him while they put him down so that he would be at peace instead of scared. :(

Quoting Angela4boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)