Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

My brother is having a baby.

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
Well, his girlfriend lol. I just found out she is 8 weeks pregnant. I had my mc in Nov, and am still trying to deal. I want to be happy for them, he's terrified, he's 25 and has been with her for only a few months. She lives with her parents and he lives with me. They don't know what they are going to do yet but they are happy. I am excited about being an Aunt, but all I keep thinking is why is it happening for everyone but me? When will it stop hurting so bad? I really want to be there for them, but I don't know if I can handle it. Anyway, thanks for listening. It has been a huge help these last few months getting on here and just venting or crying or whatever, you guys are all great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chicago1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister.got pregnant a coupke months after i had my mc. She only just found out a couple days ago about it so at the time she had no idea. I had the same fears you do. I was happy for her but also had that "its not fair" thought in the back of my head. Let me tell you youre going to be fine. It'll be a process so don't feel bad, its completely understandable. It does seem unfair but itll happen for us! Dont worry sweetie we're all here for you *hugs* :)
EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. I was with my laboring cousin at the hospital this morning. I was excited but once i saw the baby this overwhelming sense of sadness came over me...it just isn't fair.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I'm sorry, I know how it feels unfortunately. I had a niece who was 15, and my cousin have babies the same month that I was due... Then a month after I had my Son at 16 weeks, my sister tells me she's pregnant.
tmma_the_witch
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

my bro and his wife and also my hubbys sis is prego and having their babies end of aug and early sept. Its hard on me because on feb 8 will be 1 year since i mc. my hubby and i are ready to try again and then i find out tehy are prego. im happy for them but i also feel jealous. i ask myslef the same thing. why everyone else and not me. I say be happy for them and your time will come soon enough. Be there for them and i will send baby dust your way.

mariesmith123
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

i feel exactly how you feel, everyone keeps having babies around me and i try to encourage myself to be happy for them but i always end up feeling jealous and sad.  i want to feel nothing but happiness for them but i can't help it when all i can think about is how i want it too.  i pray our times come soon :)

ragitty
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss and for what you are going through. I lost my baby a year ago (almost exactly) and yesterday my sil just had a little boy. It was so hard to be around her during the pregnancy, and while I loved holding my new nephew yesterday, I have barely been able to stop crying since I got home from the hospital last night. It is hard to see pregnant people around us. It is especially hard when that pregnant person is family because they are around a lot more and you have to listen to everyone else's excitement about the new baby. Just know your baby is not forgotten (that has been one of my struggles) and that we are here for you when you need to vent.

mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry. That is difficult
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) i'm sorry hun I know how that is. I had a friend who's due date was just a few days after my angel baby was due and when she had her baby I was happy and sad all at the same time.

dewzer47
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm feeling better about it. I'm trying hard to stick with my initial reaction, happy, and not compare it to me. I just have to remember how much I'm going to love being an aunt! Finally, someone for me to spoil rotten, sugar up, and send home lol! I guess the big part bothering me is I don't want my baby forgotten, but I know how worried my brother was about telling me, so I know everyone is trying. But anyway, I'm OK. Or I'm trying to be.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)