Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Is this crazy?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 23 Replies

I had a loss on January 3, 2013 but we are in the processes of trying so I want to buy baby stuff although I am not pregnant. I asked my husband and he said go for it because we will be having a baby soon. Have any of you ladies did this? I believe that in faith and that I am preparing for my blessing to come this year!!!

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM
3 moms liked this
After my losses I bought something special for each of them, but I didn't get a head start on shopping for the next baby. I don't think it's crazy but it just hurt too much for me to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jones3536
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I think that it will hurt me but it feels like this is what I should be doing right now. I was 3 1/2  when I loss our baby. I am still fighting each day but if I believe that God will bless us with a little one then I think getting a few bottles won't hurt anything. I do understand where you are coming from..thanks

Quoting audreesmama:

After my losses I bought something special for each of them, but I didn't get a head start on shopping for the next baby. I don't think it's crazy but it just hurt too much for me to do.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I got a musical thing that attaches to the crib, a new breast pump (Not sure how much longer mine will hold out) and a new baby carrier. I got them for free, at yard sales or they were a great deal, this was right after I had my m/c. But here I am 6 months later and now I will get to use them in 9 months =D You go right ahead and get all that stuff now, and you wont be stressed about trying to get everything all at once later. (Just check their experation dates and if they are used make sure you call the company and make sure they arent recalled or anything.)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM
If you want to go for it. If by some reason it doesn't happen which I hope it does you could donate to someone who needs it. But you will be using it soon ((hugs))
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a bargain shopper, so I would!
Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the same urges. I found out my baby passed on January 3 and had a d&c on January 9. I think you should go for it. It will take a little stress off of collecting all that your baby will need when she gets here :-)
chicago1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont think its crazy i think its just your way of dealing with everyting and accepting it. i think its sweet tha your husband is supportive on that. i wish you the best of luck and im praying that you'll be able to put those baby item to good use soon! *hugs*

Jones3536
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Thank you ladies I am not going to go crazy but I know we will have a little one soona nd I want to be prepared. We didn't have a problem getting pregnant and I very fertile person so I will get great use of these items .I trust God all the way!! Love u ladies

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I did not do that..but I dont think its crazy at all. Its great to look forward to happiness and the future. Good luck and do what makes you happy
Jones3536
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I never have either until now because my grandmother was under that old wise tale about buying baby clothes. So my thought am I going to believe in a old wise tale or trust God about my situation. I said I trust God any day and so the old wise tale went out the door

Quoting Jones3536:

I had a loss on January 3, 2013 but we are in the processes of trying so I want to buy baby stuff although I am not pregnant. I asked my husband and he said go for it because we will be having a baby soon. Have any of you ladies did this? I believe that in faith and that I am preparing for my blessing to come this year!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)