Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Hello ladies. I'm currently on pregnancy #11, and just to catch you all up I have 4 living daughters and 6 angel babies (2 losses, 2 daughters, 2 losses, a daughter, a loss, a daughter, a 2nd trimester loss and now I'm currently, supposed to be, 7wks preg today).    

Thursday (6w 4d) I had been feeling "off" all day, severe back pain, some pulling pain around my right ovary area, etc, but nothing horrible and it eventually eased up/stopped all together.  Then at about 930-10 I went to go take a bath and when I got undressed there was bright red blood. Immediately I freaked out and ran downstairs to DH in full on tears and was hysterical to the point he actually had to shake me.  I finally calmed down and went upstairs (about 30 mins had passed) and the bleeding had turned brown. The next day I got up and it was only there when I wiped and still brown. We had hoped that maybe it was a cyst that burst (which I've never had before but I was reaching).   I went in to the walk in OB clinic and first they did an HCG draw and the nurse was upset that they didn't follow my HCG up considering my history, but whatever.  The results came back (they ran it STAT) and my levels were 49,440, which was good for where I was (6w 5d) so they had me in for a vaginal u/s.  The ob (not my normal OB, he's out of office, but the on call OB, who actually saw me in the ER during my last m/c) said that she wasn't going to call it yet because it could still be early or dates could be "off" but all she could see was a sac measuring 6w 1d (so 4 days behind) and no HB :(    I've been pretty numb from that point on.  Even when I had my 5th m/c and my baby was measuring way behind (around 6w when I should've been 7) they could at least see a HB, it was weak but it was there.   I'm not in anymore pain and the bleeding/spotting has completely stopped, but I still am terrified.  She said to keep my appt with my reg ob (Tue at 1245) and we'll make a call then, I'm just so scared!    

I get that dates COULD be "off", but how off could they really be? I found out I was preg with a positive HPT at 10DPO, if things are really that off then that means to say I REALLY found out at 6DPO? How possible is that?!  Also I had my first HCG done at 12DPO and the levels were 144, so that would mean 144 at 8DPO?!   And with my levels being almost 50K right now, shouldn't they be able to see a baby, even if they couldn't yet see a HB, with levels that high?     Please share your experiences.     I have almost exactly 48hrs till my appt and I'm just dying not knowing what's going on =0(

*Had my appt today and they did another vag u/s and, long story short, baby's nice and snug and doing well!   I don't get how they measured me being so far behind on Friday, or how fast this baby has decided to grow, but they measured baby today at 7w 4d (should be 7w 2d so ahead!) and changed my due date to Sept 27!  I can't even tell you how relieved I am that all was well and how many tears were shed.  DH was so happy and just kept saying "see baby, I told you" and "you really should listen to me" LOL!   Thank you ladies for all the kind words and good thoughts =0) *

J-07.25.00...Em-03.21.02...Belle-08.27.05...Livi-04.09.12...Thinking BLUE-09.29.13

Mommy's angels: 08/98, 06/99, 08/02, 12/12/02, 05/02/11, Jr-09/25/12

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Replies (21-22):
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Yaaaa so happy!!! Sending lots of sticky bean dust!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kc0001
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM

So glad to hear it! Congrats!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN