Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Told I will m/c, beta went down, stayed the same, then went up. Confused!!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 41 Replies
Hey ladies!
I was told I was in the process of m/c at my first ultrasound on January 28th. My RE said my u/s showed i was one week behind and was hopeful. I asked for an hcg test, which came back at 2817, and should have been at least 5000. I stopped taking my progesterone that day. Since then, I have had preggo symptoms. Because of the continued symptoms, I asked for another hcg test for Friday, February 1st, which came back at 2600. I was pissed that it was taking so long to come down. I took a hcg test again this past Friday to check how much my levels had gone down, since I had not had any bleeding.
Here are my levels:
Friday January 25th =2843,
Monday, January 28th=2817,
Friday, February 1st = 2600.
Friday February 8th=3700.
I know it is not a good thing that my level have not good up too much in 2 weeks. I'm just confused on what's going on and mostly will m/c. I have an ultrasound tomorrow at 10:30am to see what's going on but would appreciate some feedback.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
?? Plz keep us updated sorry I'm no help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I really dont know much about numbers. Sorry..just wanted to say thinking of you
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Honey, I just don't know.  I don't want to give you false hope, but them numbers seem odd to me.  I've never seen numbers DROP and then rise.  I have seen them stay the same or only go up in bits and pieces.  Please keep us updated and we will all pray for you. 

firsttimerOct21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:27 AM

maybe you had a disappearing twin?

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I don't know, I've never had my numbers done.  I have seen other ladies post theirs.  They do sometimes go down, then up...but only a little, not 1000+, definitly something isn't right.  So with that, the numbers increasing, I'm sure they want to see you back in right?

Mariav31
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I have an u/s appointment today at 10:30am. I will get a better idea. I will give you and update.
Petyonsmommy
by Susan on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Bump for an update .
AmandaN1
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM

What time zone are you? 

Good luck I don't know much about this either.

Mariav31
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Thanks ladies! Pacific time.
Mariav31
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Jenn- great news!

Nikole- kmfx for you!!! Hoping you get the BFP!

Marissa - great news!!!

Afm- Bittersweet ultrasound. I saw my baby, but it is two weeks behind. Two weeks ago at six weeks there was no baby and i was one week behind. Today I was able to see a flickering heartbeat but could not hear it , which is not a good. Have another ultrasound next Tuesday. My hcg went down to 3300. :( I know it's not a viable pregancy, but it was amazing to get to see my baby's heartbeat, something I did not see with my last two m/c. At this rate, it's going to be a little while before I miscarry, but want to wait before a D&C until I'm 100% sure baby is gone. DR left it up to me if I wanted to take the progesterone, but said it would only prolong the miscarriage. What would you ladies do?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN