Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Not ready to go back to work... What do I do?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:58 AM
  • 10 Replies
I started miscarrying my first pregnancy Friday night I was 7 weeks Pregnant. I am a nurse in a hospital and I am not ready to go back and take care of people. I'm Scheduled to work a twelve hour shift tomorrow. As far as I'm concerned my first born passed away, Im devastated. I feel I need more time to process this. Does FMLA cover miscarriage?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3xBabylove
by Heather on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, I m/c Monday Nov 25 and went back to work wed the 27 ( I'm a hairstylist) so I only worked like 5 hrs and that was rough, I had to sit in the back a little because it was to soon... Thankfully the girls were all understanding, I would call and talk to your boss.... I dont know about FMLA but they should understand you need a couple days :/
BraniOut
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I'm so sorry. I agree with the previous poster that you should talk to your boss. I know it was hard on me both mentally and physically, so I can't imagine trying to be on your feet for a 12 hour shift so soon. Take care of yourself.
mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I would talk with your boss. Thinking of you
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I'm sorry for your loss I agree with everyone talk to your boss they might be understanding ((hugs))
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Call your OB and ask for a doctor note-an OB would understand the emotional side of it and a doc note is a doc note and its no ones business if it is mental or physical-then you can collect sick pay. I understand your pain. With my first loss I went back to work the next day because it was an important day at work but I wasn't really ready and I was a zombie. With my 19week loss I stayed out a week and was desperate to go back to work to help me forget. You take whatever time you need and F anyone who doesn't understand. Hugs
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I have no clue what FML covers, but I would call your doctor for sure. If FML doesn't cover miscarriage, I'm sure you could get written out in temporary disability for stress.

I wouldn't be able to do it either hun! I'm so sorry.
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I am so sorry for your loss

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM

((hugs)) i'm sorry for your loss hun. I don't no the answer to your question though sorry.

carriemoyer
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this
My boss gave me off till next week, I'm so thankful. Thank you all for your support.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Oh that is great...you really need that time!  ((hugs))

Quoting carriemoyer:

My boss gave me off till next week, I'm so thankful. Thank you all for your support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)