Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Pressure/pain

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 18 Replies
I am in the middle of a m/c this is my 2nd m/c this one I found out pretty much the same way as first- at ultrasound and baby had no heartbeat and I should be over 7 weeks along. Later that day I started bleeding but it was not that heavy. My first m/c I never bled and had to have a d & c. Any way I started bleeding Friday and then it stopped and then Sat I bled but honestly I have had worse periods but the pain was horrible! I could barely sit in an upright position I have pain and pressure on my sides down low like across pubic bone. Is this normal? I did pass one tissue on Sat. Is it over? I it is should I still hurt? If I even touch where uterus is it hurts like heck! I almost feel like its a UTI but to much of a coincidence that it all started hurting when I started bleeding. I also am getting shooting pains downward to vagina. WTH? I have to go to get more blood work Tuesday evenin and another u/s Friday which I think is all pointless but I guess they want to make sure everything is out?! I have never miscarried naturally before so any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
~~
Mother of 3: 20, 3, & 7

"Every person faces difficulties throughout their life. Despite our circumstances, and with God's help, we can choose to be better instead of being bitter."
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I haven't had a natural miscarriage, so I really can't advise, but if you are in pain, I don't think it's over. I think if you are having a lot if pain or discomfort, you should call and let them know, and even ask for a Rx for pain meds. I just don't think you should have to suffer through it more than you already are :(.

I'm so sorry for your loss (((hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
junkj27
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I think it depends on the person but I miscarried naturally and the pain went away as soon as all the tissue was passed. If you're certain that tissue has passed and still having a lot of pain, maybe call your dr.

mrsb2005
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I talked to the office and did tell them there was alot of pain and she didnt advise. It kinda made me mad! Thank you for your kind words.
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I would call them back and tell them you can't take the pain. Make them listen some dr are better than others sorry
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Well is the doctor going to call you back? I would call again.

Quoting mrsb2005:

I talked to the office and did tell them there was alot of pain and she didnt advise. It kinda made me mad! Thank you for your kind words.
mrsb2005
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM
The OB nurse said she wanted to get my results back from blood work I have to have done tomorrow night. I even told her that I had pain pills from the DR from a surgery in 2011 and taking those helped a little & she told me to take Ibprofen. It hurts right along my last C section scar and along the sides clear down low into each side of public bone.
GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I honestly would call someone else if she's being so unhelpful. Its insensitive to say the least. With natural mc it can last several days. The shooting pain towards your vagina sounds like your cervix is trying to dialate to pass whatever is in there. It can be super painful. More so than labor and birth. Once you do pass everything the pain should stop. If you feel weak or feverish at any time go to the ER. You don't want an infection. I think that the rest of the pain is normal unfortunately. I know the day after my mc I couldnt stand upright the soreness was so intense. What was the other medication you took? If it was me I'd keep taking it. Ibuprofen won't help the pain. That's me though. Remeber that essentially you are in labor. I'm so sorry. I know having to think of it that way can be painful but it can help cope with the pain to realize it is the same process your body is going through.
GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I really hope I don't sound insensitive. That is the LAST thing I want. I hope you understand. I'm sorry this is so hard to go through.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry for your loss. I have lost two babies naturally. My 9 week loss was only mildly uncomfortable, but my 4 week loss was terrible. But even then it only lasted a couple hours and was just like labor. I think pain is normal but I would still call my doctor and ask what's normal, what's not, and ask to be seen sooner if they won't give answers on the phone. I'm sorry again that you are going through this
mrsb2005
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM
[

OMG no u dont sound insensitive at all - I totally agree with you. Well you were right I believe about cervix - I was ok for a bit and the horrible pain came back and I went to the bathroom to check things out and I will save the details but I believe I passed the yolk sac - I don't know but it was huge & not a blood clot. All I did was cry - it was horrible. After that I barely felt any more if that low pressure pain. A little later I felt more but nothing as painful as previously. This is devastating! We had been trying for 2 years and we quit within the last 6 months - just gave up and I got pregnant!! I thought it was a miracle but here it was just a tease. I feel like it was my last chance. I am 40 years old and time is not on my side. It took us 6 years to get our first daughter and 3 years to get 2nd daughter and we lost one baby before the first daughter. You asked what I took - i had perkacets from a surgery I had done in 2011 for removal of ovarian cysts and they were barely touching the pain. Yeah I was a bit irritated with the nurse too. Thank you and thank you all who responded and for your kind words I am so sorry for each if your losses as well.

name="GoldenLinds" id="0"]I honestly would call someone else if she's being so unhelpful. Its insensitive to say the least. With natural mc it can last several days. The shootinzg pain towards your vagina sounds like your cervix is trying to dialate to pass whatever is in there. It can be super painful. More so than labor and birth. Once you do pass everything the pain should stop. If you feel weak or feverish at any time go to the ER. You don't want an infection. I think that the rest of the pain is normal unfortunately. I know the day after my mc I couldnt stand upright the soreness was so intense. What was the other medication you took? If it was me I'd keep taking it. Ibuprofen won't help the pain. Thvat's me though. Remeber that essentially you are in labor. I'm so sorry. I know having to think of it that way can be painful but it can help cope with the pain to realize it is the same process your body is going through. [/quote]
~~
Mother of 3: 20, 3, & 7

"Every person faces difficulties throughout their life. Despite our circumstances, and with God's help, we can choose to be better instead of being bitter."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)