Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Appendicitis and pregnancy

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM
  • 13 Replies
Has anyone even heard of appendicitis while pregnant? I can't deal with this I'm trying my best to be strong.. But I don't know if I should be feeling this regret of allowing them to operate on me.. What if I just took more antibiotics instead of getting operated. The only solution they gave me was to remove the appendix. Why couldn't I have gotten the surgery after my pregnancy?? Everything was going so good till 5 days after the surgery.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
appendixs can rupture real fast and then they have to cut you open to clean out everything. as far as i know antibotics wont work. im sorry about your pain and that they didnt explain to you that once your appendix goes bad they have to get it out or you can die from the poison inside it :-( at least thats what they told me when myDD who was 3 at the time had to have hers out. hope you feel better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) I think what your feeling is normal hun because after my loss I thought about all of the what if's as well. 

Marie3113
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:40 AM
It's just that I keep searching the web and reading constantly because I don't feel closure and I read stories of successful appendectomies and mine just had to be the one unsuccessful.. The surgent after the surgery said ok everything looks perfect your young and healthy and the baby looks like its doing great and looks like you will be having a healthy baby.. I can never get his words out of my head then he orders for a ultrasound where I see my baby doing good as well... I feel like they diagnosed me with appendicitis just because they couldn't find out what was wrong with me and had other patients waiting.. As much as I don't want to believe that the question is learking in my mind.. What if I just had a bad case of the flu.. I read that influenza mimics appendicitis. I'm making myself crazy I know it but I can't stop. Thank you all for the support.
Marie3113
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Also the appendicitis they diagnosed me with was ( acute appendicitis) its not like my appendix was about to burst but I felt that if I had to get the appendix out immediately so my baby can be out of the danger zone.. They told me that most operations come out with the baby safe with normal delivery later on so I believed them and thought the operation would be best or else things can get worse and become deadly not only to the baby but me as well and I have 2 kids at home my step son 12 who I raised and my 9 year old daughter. I would never think of jeopordizing my life but I just think now that maybe the problem I had just could of waited till after berth since it was not about to burst I did not have chronic appendicitis.
Marie3113
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:54 AM
*birth*
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I never had to deal with that...I'm so sorry :(  Hun, I think you had to have it out.  If you hadn't, and it ruptured, you could have died.  I'm so sorry for the unfortunate circumstances you went through.  (((hugs)))

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this
This! I'm so so sorry :-(

Quoting Angela4boys:

I never had to deal with that...I'm so sorry :(  Hun, I think you had to have it out.  If you hadn't, and it ruptured, you could have died.  I'm so sorry for the unfortunate circumstances you went through.  (((hugs)))

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chicago1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

so sorry for your loss hun :(  *hugs* its hard to say to try to stop finding faults because we all go through it, three years later im still going through it, but this was not youre fault. the appendix couldve killed you had it ruptured dont beat yourself up for that. im very sorry youre going through this youre in my prayers!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I've heard of it happening with pregnant women but have never experienced it myself. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

MommaBoop922
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Im so sorry :(  And its normal to feel like its your fault but you have to try and remind yourself it wasnt! Apendicitis could have killed you if left untreated.  ((HUGS))  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN