Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

TTC after a loss.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 24 Replies
Did you find yourself much more emotional in the TTC process? Like today. I chart, and my temp plummeted. AF will be here Thursday. Yay me right :/?
Anyways, this is just my first cycle past my loss. But I am super emotional. I feel like I did when I was TTC my daughter that took 17 months. I also am preventing the next 2 months because edd will be Thanksgiving/son's birthday then around Christmas. So I feel like Im losing 3 months instead of 1. Just a big bag of crazy today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I'm sooooooooooooo  sorry! I'd scream for you, but DS is sitting right next to me and I don't want to scare him! I've been pretty emotional this past month myself. Jeez. I don't know what's wrong with me. It's just a lot of stress I think. We want everything back so bad, it's just hard. I even started bawling the other day driving past a car accident. When before, I'd be really sad, but I wouldn't have cried like that.

Maybe go ahead and ttc anyways, even if they would be a turkey day or christmas baby????

AmandaN1
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. Just ugh.  I have been struggling with whether to TTC or not through the holidays. My son's birthday is Nov 29th, Turkey day is the 28th this year. My next two EDDs would be

Nov 22nd and Dec 21....... Blah.  IDK.  It's so crazy in there.  SIL bday is Dec 31st and DH is Jan 1st added to all the holiday crazy lol

Quoting momofcrazypants:

I'm sooooooooooooo  sorry! I'd scream for you, but DS is sitting right next to me and I don't want to scare him! I've been pretty emotional this past month myself. Jeez. I don't know what's wrong with me. It's just a lot of stress I think. We want everything back so bad, it's just hard. I even started bawling the other day driving past a car accident. When before, I'd be really sad, but I wouldn't have cried like that.

Maybe go ahead and ttc anyways, even if they would be a turkey day or christmas baby????

Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss! I understand your frustration. Prayers and hugs for you!
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Blah! I have never charted, do I never know if AF is coming...I only use opk's and hpt's... Purchased in bulk of course so I can fulfill my addiction to pee on things ;).

If I conceive anytime within the next 6 months, I would have a baby that would share a birthday month with one or two of us in our family...and hey lets throw the holidays in there too!

You are a super planner to use protection to prevent! Dang girl!
AmandaN1
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I love peeing on things too. I usually use OPKs to cross check my signs. And ya I'm a crazy planner.  I usually just use OPKs and charting to prevent. We don't do condoms. Hate them lol. Although tempted to refill my BC for a couple months. IDK. Will talk with hubby about it. Although it'd be a good excuse to not be driving everywhere for the holidays.  IDK.   And I don't mind sharing birthday month. Just hard a couple days apart but adding in the holidays is crazy!

AmandaN1
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Thanks so much.  I need all I can get emotionally. I know it's still early in the game. So it's more mental than anything.

Quoting Focused_Mom:

I'm so sorry for your loss! I understand your frustration. Prayers and hugs for you!

MommaBoop922
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I was really emotions when I began TTC again.  Its a big deal and a really emotional time! You are gonna have ups and downs :(  Im sorry... but know that we are here for you through it all!! Good Luck and Im sorry you are losing the few months. 

AmandaN1
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Thank you.  It is really emotional. Not to mention crazy hormones thrown in. That always makes it better. eye rolling

Quoting MommaBoop922:

I was really emotions when I began TTC again.  Its a big deal and a really emotional time! You are gonna have ups and downs :(  Im sorry... but know that we are here for you through it all!! Good Luck and Im sorry you are losing the few months. 

mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I am sorry:( ttc after a loss is so emotional and full of mixed feelings. Thinking of you
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

LOLOLOL!!! You're soooo funny. Until now, I've never done it and even just starting now I can't say I'm any good at it. I'm a "poser" charter! hahah.

I honestly don't care what day my baby would be born on. It would suck a little if it was Christmas, just because we'd have to do the whole bday/christmas thing during the same time frame. But, it'd be ok either way. I really don't want to be too preggo in the middle of the summer when it's really hot. But I'd be ok with that too. I'd just like to have a baby again soon. Anytime is good with me. :)

Quoting Angela4boys:

Blah! I have never charted, do I never know if AF is coming...I only use opk's and hpt's... Purchased in bulk of course so I can fulfill my addiction to pee on things ;).

If I conceive anytime within the next 6 months, I would have a baby that would share a birthday month with one or two of us in our family...and hey lets throw the holidays in there too!

You are a super planner to use protection to prevent! Dang girl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)