Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unfriended a co-worker on Facebook

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 28 Replies
Two co-worker of mine are pregnant. I'm only friends with one on Facebook. She was two weeks further along than me and she just announced they are expecting and posted a picture of her ultrasound. I want to be happy for her because this is her first and had a hard time conceiving but its painful because I just lost my third. I couldn't help but cry and have to unfriend her so I don't see the pictures and updates.

I don't see her at work anymore so I won't have to deal with that.

Am I being selfish or childish by feeling this way?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILoveMyFam
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I probably would have just blocked seeing her updates rather than just unfriend her all together, but you need to do what's best for you right now.  ((Hugs)), and sorry for your loss :(

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't "unfriend" any of my friends but I have limited my time on social media sites since our loss in November. It was just too hard to look at that stuff all the time. Even today, several months later, whenever I log in I still get slapped in the face almost immediately. I'm very happy for them but it's still hard at the same time. (hugs)

tiffluv81
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM

well huney im sorry about your loss. This is her first she is over joyed she tried for awhile. Unfriending her to me is mean, blocking the post is ok. I hope you get oyur sticky bean soon. FX'd for both of us.

dfaley1066
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Thanks, I tried to not have her on my news feed but I only use my phone and it wouldn't let me block her updates.

I really want to be happy for her, I just can't. Reminds me of how far along I should be.

Quoting ILoveMyFam:

I probably would have just blocked seeing her updates rather than just unfriend her all together, but you need to do what's best for you right now.  ((Hugs)), and sorry for your loss :(

ILoveMyFam
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been there, twice. Both miscarriages there was a friend I worked with who was within a week or so of how far along I was, so I got to watch their bellies grow, feel first kicks, find out the sex, etc. It was really hard but I finally got my rainbow baby and she was worth the wait! GL!

Quoting dfaley1066:

Thanks, I tried to not have her on my news feed but I only use my phone and it wouldn't let me block her updates.

I really want to be happy for her, I just can't. Reminds me of how far along I should be.

Quoting ILoveMyFam:

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I would have just hid her in my feed... But in the grand scheme of things, it's only Facebook, if you plucked her off your list to save your sanity... Oops! Spit happens ;)
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I would have just hid her in my feed... But in the grand scheme of things, it's only Facebook, if you plucked her off your list to save your sanity... Oops! Spit happens ;)
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM
You are grieving and have to do what's best for you! Hugs!
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Do what you think is best honestly I have not gone on fb much since my loss when I do like today I checked my messages and a friend is complaining about having her glucose test she has to sit there for three hours I wanted to respond I would gladly do it for you if I could have my baby back but I just shut it off I think it hurts more to see all that so you are stronger than me to block someone ((hugs)) sorry for my rant
carriemoyer
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Sorry for your loss, I deactivated my FB. I don't want to talk to anyone who thinks I'm still pregnant, too painful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)