Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends getting Pregnant

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 4 Replies

So I've been trying to have a baby for two years. We've lost four angels during that time. All of my friends know my struggles and pain. I have had two very close friends that have gotten pregnant or had babies during this time. Both of them were afraid to tell me that they were pregnant, fearing that it would pain me. While I do still very much want a baby...I am happy for them. It concerned me, because I feel that I can be happy for someone else and still sad for me. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is their fear normal, or am I not supposed to feel happiness and sadness?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I think everyone is different. I have also had four losses and I struggle with being happy for friends. I get really upset and sad when someone else announces pregnancy. I want to be happy for them but my grief is too raw that I struggle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm always happy to hear someone is pg I just can't stand it when they complain about pg symptoms ( no one on here complains with out saying they will do anything for that baby)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Quote:

I'm always happy to hear someone is pg I just can't stand it when they complain about pg symptoms ( no one on here complains with out saying they will do anything for that baby)

I think that I've been blessed that my friends don't complain about it, and if they do they say it is worth it. But I can see how that would be upsetting. We would do anything for them.

cindy82
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
That's why u r happy for them. The "friends" I had that complained and had no regard for my feeling I was sad for them and mad. The friends who didn't complain or shove it in my face I was more than happy for them and I will watch their babies any day. The others I just can't be around as much.

Quoting Cal2006:

Quote:

I think that I've been blessed that my friends don't complain about it, and if they do they say it is worth it. But I can see how that would be upsetting. We would do anything for them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)