Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I found out this morning that my baby's heart stopped last week at 9w1d.  The last U/S picture I saw won't leave my head, it was just so cute and perfect. 

I'm going to talk to an MD tomorrow about a D&C (I saw the midwife today).  I just wanted any advice on what to expect since I've never had to deal with this before.  Has anyone else had a D&C and can tell me what it was like for them? 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
Irene1923
by Tina on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:14 AM
I am very sorry for your loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I am very sorry for your loss. I did have a d&c, I was 16w at the time. They put me to sleep, which was the scariest part for me because I've never been knocked out before. I woke up, had some bleeding and cramping for a few days. They do give you pain meds, which I did take and that helped alot for me.

I would say within a week and a half to two weeks, I was pretty much physcially back to normal.

firstimepreg30
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I had one before but dont remember to much of the after.  I am wondering the same thing...  We are in the exact same boat..   I need to figure out what we (me) are going to do.    I am so sorry we are going through this.

Anliena
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Me too kami :( my midwife wanted me to talk to a dr yesterday but I told her I needed a day too. I spent all day (while not crying and putting on a brave face for my 4 year old) thinking andndoing reseach about it. I still feel pregnant and I dont want to feel that way anymore. And we want to ttc again so I dont see any reason to wait and see and delay everything. I dont know how long a natural will take.

Quoting firstimepreg30:

I had one before but dont remember to much of the after.  I am wondering the same thing...  We are in the exact same boat..   I need to figure out what we (me) are going to do.    I am so sorry we are going through this.

firstimepreg30
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM

right..  I think we will try again asap too.  

Quoting Anliena:

Me too kami :( my midwife wanted me to talk to a dr yesterday but I told her I needed a day too. I spent all day (while not crying and putting on a brave face for my 4 year old) thinking andndoing reseach about it. I still feel pregnant and I dont want to feel that way anymore. And we want to ttc again so I dont see any reason to wait and see and delay everything. I dont know how long a natural will take.

Quoting firstimepreg30:

CafeMom Tickers
deadlights86
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I'm sorry for your loss a d&c isn't so bad I was put under I had some mild cramping after but nothing some advil and a hot shower didn't help.

Schaiswife09
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I had all three of my mc's naturally. But I am so sorry for your loss:(
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Oh no ;-( I'm so sorry.

I've only had a natural loss and an induced deliver (2nd trimester loss)

Good luck deciding what to do :-( hugs and prayers
purfectlilly
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

Lilly

dfaley1066
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I'm sorry Hun. I went thru same thing. Still dealing with my third loss. My D&C was the 4th and I'm waiting for results then start with genetic testing.

Cramping gas stopped and I have some spotting but its almost gone. The first miscarriage they won't do testing. Most drs won't start until the third.

I keep seeing my ultrasound pic as well. Time will heal your wounds but it won't totally be healed. I'm here if you need to vent or just chat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN