Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

My Rainbow Baby

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 17 Replies
5 moms liked this

Two years ago today I was pregnant, but the baby's heart had stopped. It was a horrible time and I had a lot of trouble coping with the loss. I couldn't stand to be around anyone and didn't even want my boyfriend to touch me because I was so afraid of getting pregnant again. Then last year I found out I was pregnant again. I was terrified I was going to lose the baby and with all the complications that arose... it really seemed like I would. We didn't even tell anyone until after 20 weeks because we didn't want to go through another public loss. But despite all the scares... Ashlee Sonne Delilah Biggs was born on 2/7/13 (at 38 weeks 2 days!) weighing 6 lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches long. 

I wasn't sure if I should post this in this group because I know how hard it is to be suffering a loss, but I want you all to know.... I was told I would NEVER carry a child. For 10 years after my first loss I was told my body wasn't meant to be pregnant. Then I had Rayne in 2010, a loss in 2011... and now my little Ashlee. There is always hope... just don't stop believing in miracles. I hope you all get your rainbows too. 

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Congrats and so happy for you!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Irene1923
by Tina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Awe...congratulations on your miracle. She is precious.
mwangi1989
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Congratulations,am carrying my rainbow baby right now and so scared and sensitive of anything,iv also had issues but my little bean is still holding on, thanx to my many prayers. Can't wait to hold this little one in a few months. Congratuations again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Congratulations! I'm happy when people on here get pg and have babies after losses it gives us all hope.
Mariav31
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Congrats!!! Enjoy your little ones!Glad you posted your update! It's gives me hope that one day I too will get my rainbow baby!!!
Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Congratulations! So happy for you!

RiotPixie
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Congrats. My brother and I were rainbow babies. My mother had cervical cancer after my older brother was born. Docs told her she would never have another baby. When my older brother was 13, along I came. Followed 11 months later by my baby brother.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Congrats hun!!

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Beautiful!  Thank you so much for sharing!  Nothing is more beautiful than a Rainbow, they give me so much hope :)

Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Congratulations!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)