Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Rainbow babies..

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 12 Replies
For those of you who had a rainbow baby after miscarriage, how do you get over the fear.. And anxiety that something bads going to happen... I'm only like 7 weeks but every cramp or strange feeling I start shaking and get worried..

TMI- but with discharge and when I feel it I start panicking and have to run to bathroom expecting to see blood... I'm trying to relax and stay calm but I can't stop flipping out!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackieb2811
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I think for me I was able to relax once I bought a fetal heart Doppler and was able to hear the hb any time I felt the need. But I really breathed easy once we had 20 week sono and the baby was perfect and healthy!

I had the same fear early on but I told myself what ever happens happens. I am 27 weeks almost 28 and have had zero problems this far so im keeping faith I will make it all the way problem free!
crazy4u49033
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this

This is my rainbow baby! Omg pregnancy after a loss is always scary! I found after the first trimester I felt a little more at ease, but there is always that little voice at the back of your head. I just tried to stay positive and enjoy things. Easier said then done, but worrying doesn't help anything and causes stress to you both! I hope this is one sticky little baby and in a few months you will be holding your little precious rainbow baby!
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I am 11 weeks right now, so I'm not much help. But the first poster was right-my doppler makes it just that little bit easier. Its a sonoline B ordered from clinigaurd (?) For 55 dollars and free shipping. Other than that I just try hard to think positive. I hope everything works out for you
3xBabylove
by Heather on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Thanks ladies! I think cause I haven't had an appt. yet an won't till March 21 :/ I refuse to see the other dr at the practice as does many ppl around here and the one I LOVE is just booked!
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I'm 13 weeks and just entered the 2nd trimester. I had a nuchal translucency ultrasound and I have felt better since then. And now I'm having more relief since in the 2nd trimester.

I just keep counting up and giving myself little things to count up too. Last goal was 2nd trimester. My new goal is around 20 weeks when we have the gender ultrasound. And a smaller goal of hopefully feeling the baby move before then. It helps my nerves giving myself some things to look forward and count up to.
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Doppler and lots of prayers. I just try to treasure every single day!
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Cute!!!!

Quoting crazy4u49033:

This is my rainbow baby! Omg pregnancy after a loss is always scary! I found after the first trimester I felt a little more at ease, but there is always that little voice at the back of your head. I just tried to stay positive and enjoy things. Easier said then done, but worrying doesn't help anything and causes stress to you both! I hope this is one sticky little baby and in a few months you will be holding your little precious rainbow baby!
mmyof2armywife
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

For me it never stopped until I was holding him. I don't think I'll ever have a pregnancy now that everything don't scare me. So I'm no help.
amc103
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I dont think you really get over the fear, but you learn to live with it. I will be 40 weeks with my rainbow baby on Thursday, and Im STILL scared. It never went away, but Im able to calm my fears by telling myself that God's plan is what WILL happen....if he wants me to have this baby, he will. If he does not, then I wont. No amount of worry will change it, and its not good for the baby. (stress) I think its just the fate of women who have experienced loss. Im very very sorry for your loss. BUT congrats on the pregnancy!!!

Duenov30
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I have no clue. I'm just over 14 weeks and have had an early ultrasound and heard the heartbeat at 13 weeks but now as my 16 week gender ultrasound approaches I'm starting tj panic idk why but I have no reason to now bc both my mmcs were before the second trimester.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)