Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Would you be hurt ???

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 17 Replies
So I told dh our first baby would have been born any day now and he tells me you need to just learn to let's it go . Wow I am in tears and feel like I was just slapped in the face . He is always supportive so I would have never thought he would say that . Would you be hurt and am I crazy for still thinking about it ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Ouch! I would tell him that hurt you. My feeling is, if it's important to you, it's important. I'm sorry :(
ilovekeith12
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this
He just said he was sorry , that when I talk about it ,it makes him think about our babies .so I guess we deal with it in differant ways . Ty
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM

No, you're not crazy. We all think about things like that. I would be hurt. I'm so sorry. :(

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I am sorry :( men are so hard to talk to about things. Thinking of you
Irene1923
by Tina on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I am sorry. I had a similar response from my DH when I mentioned our first would be turning one if we hadn't lost her. These milestones and dates will always hurt a little and will always be days we will think of our angels. Sorry he doesn't really understand.
lunarmamma
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM
You're not wrong, I went through the same thing, only it was my mom who told me to get over it. It's very painful when the ones we love say things like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragitty
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I understand how you feel. Dh tends to get really defensive when I bring up the baby. On our due date he got mad at me for being upset. I said something like "you do realize today was the due date" and he got mad saying I was accusing him of not caring. It's gotten better recently, though

MommaMruz
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I would be hurt too. We would have been due in may and I hate thinking about it. I think about where we should be right now with getting ready for baby's arrival. We have an 11 year old daughter that took the miscarriage really hard so I feel like my husband and I try to keep it together for her. I hope you have luck in the future and are able to expand your family:). 

ZennMomma
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Thats not crazy. I'm glad he apologised. My husband gets the same way after a while, he doesnt want to talk about it anymore, while I dont bottle my feelings I just let him know I am sad about baby stuff and journal or try another outlet.

Men hurt too, they just do it differently.

EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I would definitely be hurt...and id punch him in the nads. How insensitive. Hugs. I was just telling Dh that i would be 22 weeks and we would know the sex of the baby had i not miscarried.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)