Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

MEN!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have been looking for the perfect urn for Avery's ashes. So my husband, who is a Craigslist-aholic comes to me the other day with his phone in his hand and says, and this is a quote "I know it's nothing special, but it's cheap." And shows me his phone. It was an UGLY, ridiculously ugly urn. I said "yea, it's ugly, lets get it, and put it away for your ashes...since it's nothing special." He then realized that was a stupid thing to say. I'm certainly not going to buy any ol' urn for my babies ashes. Who the heck shops for urns on Craigslist besides my husband, and who the heck sells urns on Craigslist!

Ok, that's all
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyofJustin
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Well normally men dont think however they dont know the smartest things to say when it comes to this. I dont think thet know.how.to say or.talk about it either.
Namaste09
by Samantha on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Smart words I probably would of said the same (as you) Men don't seem to think through there words like we do though. but wow I would have never thought people would buy an sells urns on craigslist.
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Men don't think at all! Yesterday was nice outside so I suggested we take the dogs for a walk. Since its been freezing all winter. Well he made a big deal about how he had stuff to do and didn't want to go for a walk. So I go by myself with the dogs. He calls me while I'm on the walk and says "I know I just made a big deal about going outside but by friends are playing frisbee golf in the park, do you care if I go?" I was so mad that he even asked. He said he realized that was mean after and he didn't go. But still! Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Oh that would have pissed me off!!

Quoting jessica11r:

Men don't think at all! Yesterday was nice outside so I suggested we take the dogs for a walk. Since its been freezing all winter. Well he made a big deal about how he had stuff to do and didn't want to go for a walk. So I go by myself with the dogs. He calls me while I'm on the walk and says "I know I just made a big deal about going outside but by friends are playing frisbee golf in the park, do you care if I go?" I was so mad that he even asked. He said he realized that was mean after and he didn't go. But still! Ugh
purfectlilly
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think men understand these things well. I know my hubby will just tell me that he doesn't know what to say or do to help. Then I usually tell him, here's the right answer.

Lilly

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Ok I know it's not funny at all but just the way you tell the story made me laugh. Men can be clueless sometimes. At least he realized it.
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Me too. Basically saying a walk with you I don't have time for but frisbee golf!!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting jessica11r:

Angela4boys
by Angela on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM
No, I agree, it's funny! Funny and stupid! I swear, let's just use an old pickle jar right?!

Quoting Zealand2008:

Ok I know it's not funny at all but just the way you tell the story made me laugh. Men can be clueless sometimes. At least he realized it.
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes and you can bedazzle it.

Quoting Angela4boys:

No, I agree, it's funny! Funny and stupid! I swear, let's just use an old pickle jar right?!

Quoting Zealand2008:

jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea I really don't think boys think sometimes!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting jessica11r:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN